FSX Lockheed L049a Constellation

michaeljulian

20 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Any hint as to where you got the download?

That's so passé, nowadays you make a guess and give the correct solution based on it.

I guess it's from Fly Away Simulations.

From the readme:

* * * * * INSTALLATION * * * * *

If your Flight Simulator X is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, extract the L049A_FSX.zip file to C:\.

If your flight simulator resides elsewhere or is named differently, extract the L049A_FSX.zip file to a temporary directory and mode the folder named "SimObjects" to your Flight Simulator X directory.

We take the second option.

What the readme forgets to mentionbesides "Simobjects" you'll also find folders "Effects" and "Gauges".

Those folders also need to be trasferred from the temp folder to your actual FSX install.

Wim

• Confused 1
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one works fine on my FSX: 

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/107/295

And this one too:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18538/fsx-lockheed-l049a-constellation-v11/

Both good sources of freeware, Rikoooo and Fly Away Simulations. The ones recommended by berlopez are excellent too, Cal Classics is an awesome place.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The second link is the original by John Howard White, [Sound] Is incredibly real; No v/c as described in the Read-Me, (Shame) John was in the process of adding one, but unfortunately he passed away. His wife attempted to send the files to Tom Gibson ( California Classic Propliners) Where the members were developing other Connies but the files got messed. There is a TWA L049 in the site though.

And lets not overlook all the option available here on FlightSim:

https://www.flightsim.com/search/?q=constellation&quick=1&type=downloads_file&nodes=16

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

9 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

And lets not overlook all the option available here on FlightSim:

https://www.flightsim.com/search/?q=constellation&quick=1&type=downloads_file&nodes=16

Of course! Charity does start at home 🙂 but I have been away for two years and am totally clueless on how to access files under the new updated design. The old file section layout was the best ever amongst all flight simming websites, hands down.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kalissi, It might seem a bit overwhelming, I too was a bit lost at first, but to help you I advice you to scroll down, I had to to find the FSX section and reply, for instance to this topic, takes a bit getting used to, ut just the very first time.

Good simmings' to you.

Thank you berlopez. It’s just that I like the old site looks better, especially the file section.

Thanks again and best wishes

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are welcome Khalid. When I was young together with my family we flew on holidays in Super Constellations I till remember the confort of the pressurized cabin to Leave Bogota and climb up to fly over Los Andes to get to thee coast to refuel and continue to San Andres ( Final destination) Closer to Nicaragua and then land on a very short runway.

Those were the days.

Berlopez