Hardware for New FS2024

Very excited to see the new upcoming sim. Glad to know they are not sitting on their laurels. As it relates to hardware requirements, does anybody know besides it taking advantage to multi core processors, will it also take full advantage to our current GPUs as well?

Note that MSFS2020 does make use of multiple cores, which MSFS2024 looks to be improving upon. As with the hardware requirements, how far they go with machine learning and AI is unknown right now. I suspect they will be improving upon the machine learning used for generating scenery, and probably using it to help with the addition of seasons. Have to wait for more details to know for sure though. ATC would seem to me to be a prime candidate for AI use, but I haven't seen anything really talking about that so far.

Much of what is known about the sim is covered in the FAQ below.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

I’ve been away from flight simming for quite some time… but I’ve got a new pc coming soon. Can’t wait for the new sim! 😀

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Congratulations on your getting a new pc, Steve. I bet you can hardly wait for it to arrive. I wish you good luck with it. I also am looking forward to MSFS 2024. Hopefully Asobo will fix the problems found in MSFS 2020.

Regards

Kevin

• Thanks 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

On 7/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, kevinfolsom said:

Congratulations on your getting a new pc, Steve. I bet you can hardly wait for it to arrive. I wish you good luck with it. I also am looking forward to MSFS 2024. Hopefully Asobo will fix the problems found in MSFS 2020.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks Kevin 

I keep checking the status of it.. two days ago it said awaiting components… then it changed to awaiting build.

now it says.. “In Build”  - just waiting for it to say despatched now 😀

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles