Removing VC but keeping wing visible in back ('over shoulder') left/right views

Hello

I removed the VC from an a/c (an A32X so I think it's the default A321 VC) I'm using by //'ing out the "interior=" section of the model.cfg but I'm not seeing the wing and engine when I look back ('over my shoulder') left or right. I don't know if that was masked by elements of the VC (like the seat headrest) or if it just wasn't there at all for some reason in this particular a/c. So does anyone know how I restore (or import from another a/c by copying lines of code etc.) being able to see the wing and engine when looking back?

Thanks in advance. 

4 hours ago, neilking2706 said:

I don't know if that was masked by elements of the VC (like the seat headrest) or if it just wasn't there at all for some reason in this particular a/c.

The stock A320 VC model is only the cockpit, no wings or engines are modelled.

ScreenShot_20230715184704.jpg.a0e954e28e57ef2d72bfdb5cdbc53aaf.jpg

I can be wrong, but in real world one might be able to see just the wingtips if you stick your nose real close to the side window.

But never from the pilot's or FO's seat.

So I wonder why you want to achieve this unrealistic view.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I'm not bothered about the lack of realism!

It looks like I need to do more radical surgery than simply commenting out the interior. I'm basically trying to convert it into an a/c with no VC (which is what I prefer, be it ever so unrealistic). How do I do that? Answering my own question, find a tutorial about adding a VC and do it in reverse?

Don't know if this will work in FSX but there is a gauge for FS2004 -DSD_view_skip - to remove the 2D or VC from the options.  Place the desired gauge anywhere on the panel (it is invisible) and when cycling through the views you will no longer see that one.  I use it on every aircraft I have with no VC, hated that disembodied "floating in the air" viewpoint.