MJoy Revisited - D.I.Y. Flight Controls - POV (HAT) Update

To those who may still be flying a home-brewed "MJoy" Flight Control System, I have found and documented a way to add a Point-Of-View (HAT) Joystick to my own operation, I have also uploaded the entire project for your review.

This update takes advantage of the "unknown" fire-buttons already in the MJoy 1.3 ASM file, and with the use of an old "Switch-Type" joystick, like my Radio Shack example, you can use the joystick for panning around for visual support as I use my second monitor to look back for the traffic pattern "key position" while keeping my main screen I stay on the 2D panel.

That is the biggest advantage for me, is the use of the new joystick to quickly locate visual references that I use to do on the number key pad.    In the meantime, I found that adding a CMOS interface chip, an MC4066 Analog Quad-Switch, I extended the reach of Yoke-mounted fire buttons using D.C. logic levels rather than the high-speed scan of the controller's switch matrix.

Noise has always been an issue with my analog "pots" (Yoke and Rudder Pedals) and since I added the fire button CMOS chip to the Yoke buttons, the noise is all but gone.  If for no other reason you'd like to smooth out your throttle and yoke "jerkiness" try the fire button D.C. logic instead, it's worth the effort.

Ron P.