IFR jaunts...I'm at my wits end

Before this latest UPGRADE (1.33.8.0), I never had a problem with an IFR (lo or hi alt) flight. Much of this problem was covered in a previous post of mine titled "Latest Upgrade". I'm starting this new post, wondering, am I the only one with this issue. Not that I'm wishing others are cursed with this, but if you are, I'd love to know I'm not alone. I've tried every avenue I could think of including uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS2020. I always get these same results. 

In the days of yore (pre 1.33.8.0), if I entered an ILS runway at a destination in FLIGHT PLANNING, the flight plan took me from A to B. To stay basic, but yet get the issue across, I'm showing this short IFR flight from Gulfport, MS to KMSY (New Orleans) shown on VFR map below as rwy 29. The flight path should be continuous from SLIDD to HRV, but is missing between these points, which means, kiss your IFR goodbye. I have already tried flight plans from other A and B points but, alas, it's always the same. On longer flights, MANSEQ is inserted once or twice after departure and/or before arrival. When you see a MANSEQ (Manual Sequencing)), you can also kiss your IFR goodbye. Oh, one other thing. The flight plan almost always...eh, maybe always...shows some sort of flight path continuance beyond your destination, kind of like a holding pattern (see the pale blue line left of rwy 29). Now, not being a "Real World Pilot", I'm not saying this doesn't happen in reality, but what I read about Autopilot, and what my past experience in flight simming portrayed, this makes no sense. As previously stated, I never had this problem in the past.

Thanks in advance for any comments...       bud

KGPT  to  KMSY.jpg

I powered up the Longitude with your Chicago-Pittsburgh plan IFR. Sure enough that MANSEQ discontinuity showed up in the flight computer and on the map. I simply cleared it and as you can see the next waypoint joined up. As Tim said the other day in your original post, you can also just request direct to the next waypoint from ATC and then duplicate it in the flight computer without having to do anything about MANSEQ (or DISCONTINUITY in the CJ4).

Keep in mind I am controlling the flight plan waypoints by the avionics in the aircraft first which will translate to the map when sorted out either on the ground or once in the air and going direct to the next waypoint. The ATC is not "in tune" with the flight planner and it will never tie in that broken waypoint link even if you get clearance to the next waypoint (you'll have to manually request it). The bottom line is that you have to manually change the aircraft's flight computer one way or the other to ensure waypoint plan continuity for the autopilot (choose direct to the next waypoint, or delete the MANSEQ/discontinuity in the flight computer). I don't fly the heavies but this is how I successfully fly both Citations, the turboprops, and GA pistons.

The holding pattern is in the aircraft's flight computer automatically for a go-around/missed approach. That can also be deleted out in the waypoints after the last regular plan waypoint which should be the runway you are scheduled to land on (which can change enroute as in the real world). Hope this helps at least a little!

MSFS2.jpg

MSFS3.jpg

MSFS1.jpg

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Thanks mucho N069NT! As soon as I finish this little note, I'm moving on to the Longitude. I messed around a little with that craft 6 or 8 months ago, and liked a lot about it, but the B787 has been my love since then, and got to feel like I was married to it . 

The FMC in the 787 (at least on my machine) is very difficult to make changes, even more so since 1.33.8.0 UPGRADE. A big chunk of the upgrade involved the avionics in the 787. If I try to add or delete a waypoint, I get a "you can't do that" type of message. For instance, prior to this upgrade, I could hand enter the ILS/GLS frequency on the NAV RADIO selection. Now it is verboten. I also do not recall an option to request "direct to the next waypoint" from ATC.

Anyway, I suppose I've beat this dead horse enough. Time to move on and try to master the Longitude. Will first have to learn about the Garmin. Wish me luck. And I sincerely thank you for your reply. Have a good day!