Texture.bmp file

berlopez

After attempting to fix a .bmp file I ended messing my Dutch Antilles Scenery and all my ground textures look Black aand don't have details? I have tried to look into the matter, sorry to try to sound wise 😟. I think I found that "detail1.bmp file is missing from MFSX\Scenery\World\Textures is missing (Tarmac) The image is SABA Addon for the Netherland Antilles. in this area all these textures have been affected.

Can anyone advice?

Stuck.

Berlopez 

2023-6-26_22-14-2-616.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the pics, Bernardo, looks like the black areas should be either dirt or also covered in snow.  Is this pic taken during daylight hours?  Have you checked to be sure you are in 32bit color for FSX?  Hoping any scenerys are also 32bit and not 24bit.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

32bit and not 24bit??? Typo? Thanks for your reply mrzippy,still not enjoying FSX problem persists everywhere, consideriing a complete reinstall of FSX Gold and hope that solves thee issue and that is NOT my GC which could have gotten damaged by a driver update which is when this problem started. Reversing to the previous driver option is not available, is Greyed Out.

Here is a screenie of my Display Settings in FSX.

settings-Display.jpg

On 7/14/2023 at 3:04 PM, mrzippy said:

Looking at the pics, Bernardo, looks like the black areas should be either dirt or also covered in snow.  Is this pic taken during daylight hours?

OK, looks like you are in 32 bit color!  Good luck on the reinstall!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

I continue to try to fix this. I recall now that at the time my sceneries/dislay went all wrong I had installed a new NVidia driver for my GC card a few days earlier to the issue. When I realized this I had unfortunately posted all these images in hope for help, but I realize now that the issue is most likely that driver update. 

I have tried to rvert to the previous driver which was working well. Don't ask me why I installed the new driver.I simply like to keep my system up to date to have a smooth running FSX.

Now I find myself stuck with this driver, without possibility to uninstall since this is Greyed out in Device management, here i am at  bit of a loss, not being computer savi I request help and advice. I am trying to avoid a reinstall of FSX\Accel. by all means.

Appreciative before hand.

Berlopez

Hi jgf, thanks for your response and advice. i deleted the vid driver via C.P. Programs and features, I did not run Driver uninstaller, so I got I suppose this results, Image Included. What's supposed to be solid ground is predominently Water ( Or Black textures) and it's like this everywhere around my FSX Globe.

Is that a Ford GT40 In your Avatar?

Berlopez

2023-7-27_16-42-59-649 JPEG.jpg

Have done lots of improvements with the graphics and FSX is now at least playable. But still get the message at the beggining with Part Mng, which I attepted to fix according to intructions in mr Zippys' link. I fell in doubt and daren't edit the registry,without very specific guidelines. I managed to get rid of the scenry.cfg file error, turn out i have wilco Citation X which has a scenery file for various airport for V.I.P.ervices and I got the error because the scenery was not installed, fixed this by reinstalling Cit.X and letting it install the scenery, my FPS are back to normal 20/20

2023-7-31_17-29-27-962 Jpeg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...