Xinput Plus not working with FS2020

I'm using an Xbox One controller for my PC and I can't get the Xinput Plus program to work with FS2020.  When I choose the application using the Xinput Plus program, it says that I don't have permission to open up the Flightsimulator.exe file.  The reason I want to use the Xinput Plus program is because I have FSUIPC7 installed for FS2020 so that I don't have the one second input delay when pressing a button for throttle and trimming.  However, I read that FSUIPC7 has to be shown while using Xinput controller in order for FSUIPC7 to work with Xinput controllers, meaning that I must run FS2020 in windowed mode which I don't want to.  For Directinput controller, FSUPIC7 can be hidden and still work with FS2020, meaning that I can run FS2020 in full screen mode, with FSUIPIC7 and a Directinput controller.  I read that Xinput Plus is a program that can convert Xinput to Directinput output.  Does Xinput Plus work with UWP (Microsoft Store) games or is it limited to Win32 games?  I have the MS Store version of FS2020.  Does Xinput Plus work with the Steam version of FS2020?

Because I'm using an Xbox One controller and I use buttons for increasing and decreasing throttle and elevator trim.  I noticed that FS2020 will have a one second input delay if I do an action that requires me to hold down a button on my controller, but if I assigned those inputs to FSUIPIC7, there is no delay for button hold downs as FSUIPIC7 has a configuration file that I can edit to get rid of that input delay for button hold downs.  I used to have a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro joystick and for trimming with a button, there was a 1 second delay as well.  Using FSUPIC7, which I purchased a license for, is a workaround to this issue.  If I used my PS4 controller, FSUPIC7 will work hidden while using FS2020 since that controller uses Directinput.  Is there a way I can get rid of the one second input delay for button hold downs natively in FS2020?

I have the same joystick for FS and do not experience delays, but then again I don't hold down my assigned Trim buttons, I just click to get my trim. Even multiple clicks do not get delayed.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Yes, just pressing/tapping a button there is no delay.  I sometimes need to hold down a button for a few seconds to get to the trim/throttle level I want and that's when I get the delay.  For a slight trim adjustment I can just tap the button and no delay, provided that I just want a slight trim or throttle adjustment, but most of the time when I adjust the throttle I need more than just a slight throttle adjustment, requiring me to hold down the button, and so that's when the delay shows up, making it harder to get the right amount of power at the right time.  Of course a joystick with a physical throttle axis I won't have that issue for throttle but still have that issue for trimming if I want to make more than a slight trim adjustment, unless I get a joystick with a physical trim axis.

UWP games have different permissions and security settings than Win32 games, which are games downloaded from Steam or other sources. Therefore, you may not be able to access the Flightsimulator.exe file or apply the Xinput Plus settings to it. When you use a tool like UWPHook to add your UWP games to Steam and use the Steam controller rebinding feature. This may allow you to use your Xinput controller with FSUIPC7 without having to run FS2020 in windowed mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, Dolemoo said:

UWP games have different permissions and security settings than Win32 games, which are games downloaded from Steam or other sources. Therefore, you may not be able to access the Flightsimulator.exe file or apply the Xinput Plus settings to it. When you use a tool like UWPHook to add your UWP games to Steam and use the Steam controller rebinding feature. This may allow you to use your Xinput controller with FSUIPC7 without having to run FS2020 in windowed mode.

if your game's were downloaded from steam then you also get an .exe file which you can easily store into your system, but it seems UWP games don't gave that advantages.