There are several threads and bug reports about ATC on the official forums, this is the main one and it contains some useful workarounds: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-hear-atc-instructions-and-other-aircraft-suddenly-while-ai-copilot-still-responds/418969/1227

The bug hasn't been fixed by Asobo because, in my opinion, it has been reported incorrectly. The bug report claims that Azure ATC voices are lost and cannot be recovered, but what's supposed to happen when that occurs is that an error message then appears and you are automatically switched to offline ATC mode.

The actual bug is that the error message doesn't appear and you are not automatically switched to offline ATC mode.

I've noticed that my internet speed can drop during a flight, causing a disconnect from the Azure ATC service and I don't see what Asobo or anyone else but my ISP can do about that.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Let's check your Windows and in-game sound settings. Make sure that text to speech is configured and you have a language pack installed. Also, check that the ATC and cockpit instrument sound are set to the proper output device and volume level. Or you can try switch to offline mode for ATC voices.

After the last update this is no longer a big issue as I can't fly much of anything. My Logi flight yoke system with throtle quardant and multi panel went haywire. Would work for a few minuets but not completely at that, when they stoped working so did the sim and I had to reboot to get things back. a few days after the update all was lost and I had toinstal from scrach with steam. I also removed the controlers and its logi plugin. Updated the plugin and now the controllers seem to work but not all planes are flyable. Example is the TBM, the AP doesn't function at all, the light comes on but thats it. If I goto the 172 I have no issues with the AP at all. MS & Asobo are on my fecal list.

AD

Good point from Willilo - I have found that I need to check settings - sounds - advanced - and reset every so often and usually after a sim update and/or graphics one. seems to be especially if using Discord as well. Our rigs will be different of course but worth doing now and then.