Is this a payware scenery or an MSFS scenery bug?

I'm not getting a reply from the developer.  The triangle 'mountains' you see is actually the harbor with lots of static boats. 

The scenery used to be okay but I think a recent MSFS update adversely afffected it. I don't know if it is because an MSFS update --changed my configuration, created some incompatibility or there is something wrong with the payware scenery (MP Scenery's KHAF airport from the MSFS Marketplace).

Incidentally, how do I temporarily disable an add-on purchased from the Marketplace (without un-installing it)? These type of add-on does not show up in the Community folder or in the Add-on Linker.  It used to be that one can do it by manually editing the content.xml file but apparently that file is no longer being used in MSFS.

KHAF issue - 6-10-2023 4-42-54 PM.jpg

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

Seems to me that it migh be either a MSFS problem or an addon problem, but I'm leaning towards it being a MSFS problem.

I don't know if it's possible to merely disable a markpetplace add-on, but you could try uninstalling the addon and see if the problem persists.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

15 minutes ago, KiloWatt said:

Seems to me that it migh be either a MSFS problem or an addon problem, but I'm leaning towards it being a MSFS problem.

I don't know if it's possible to merely disable a markpetplace add-on, but you could try uninstalling the addon and see if the problem persists.

Thank you. I uninstalled. It appears to be an add-on bug? However, the add-on was working fine before MSFS updates. So whose bug is it? 

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

14 minutes ago, oneleg said:

Thank you. I uninstalled. It appears to be an add-on bug? However, the add-on was working fine before MSFS updates. So whose bug is it? 

Hahaha. Both? But since the sim won't change itself for an addon to work, the developer of the add-on should probably update their product.

Just my opinion.

It must suck to be a developer if the "goal" keeps moving. 

Is there a possibility that the update simply changed my configuration options? Is there a way to tell if it changed and what these changes are?  Also, how do I save and restore configuration options?

Yes, the goal does indeed keep moving with this one, even internally - I'm sure you've noticed how new bugs get introduced when they fix old ones.

With your question about configuration options, are you still talking about the buggy scenery? Because your settings shouldn't affect that. But in general, yes an update can reset or change settings. I don't think it's the norm, but it has happened to some of us, including me once.

2 minutes ago, ScottishMike said:

As an old time programmer once said: "when you kill one bug ten come to it's funeral".

Sage words for sure.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

28 minutes ago, ScottishMike said:

As an old time programmer once said: "when you kill one bug ten come to it's funeral".

That's brutally true.

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 2:04 AM, oneleg said:

I'm not getting a reply from the developer.  The triangle 'mountains' you see is actually the harbor with lots of static boats. 

The scenery used to be okay but I think a recent MSFS update adversely afffected it. I don't know if it is because an MSFS update --changed my configuration, created some incompatibility or there is something wrong with the payware scenery (MP Scenery's KHAF airport from the MSFS Marketplace).

Incidentally, how do I temporarily disable an add-on purchased from the Marketplace (without un-installing it)? These type of add-on does not show up in the Community folder or in the Add-on Linker.  It used to be that one can do it by manually editing the content.xml file but apparently that file is no longer being used in MSFS.

KHAF issue - 6-10-2023 4-42-54 PM.jpg

Move the folder out of your community folder reload and try again see if it's gone

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. It's been a few months since the post and since then it's been fixed. I'm not recalling the specifics to the solution. I might have re-installed the airport or upgraded the gpu driver.

I've had this with some addon scenery folders and my suspicion is that the scenery may be using up all my video dram.  Maybe if you try running the sim at a lower resolution it might indicate that to be the problem.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)