This morning FS2020 does not start and I get the following message. "You are missing packages that are essential to run flightsim.  Please upgrade"

Of course no explanation from MS on how to upgrade or where the "missing packages"are...

I do not see any upgrade available in the store

Does that mean I must reinstall FS 2020 all together?

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Your sim install is corrupt and you need to do a Repair install. This is nothing new since FS9. And don't think that it is Microsoft's fault like some want you to believe.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

He didn't need to reinstall, he made the choice to re-install. Now he is up and running again. How many times have you un-installed and re-installed a flight sim? Your attacks against MS are getting old.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Lol, no doubt you've all heard this-

"Three engineers were riding in a car: a mechanical engineer, a chemical engineer, and a Microsoft software engineer. The car stalled, and they rolled it to the side of the road.

The mechanical engineer popped the hood, looked in and said "Look. The drive belt is loose. All we have to do is tighten it up and the car will work just fine."

The chemical engineer replied "No, that's all wrong. The problem is fuel contamination. We have to drain the fuel, filter it, and then everything will be A-OK."

The Microsoft software engineer told the other two "No, we have to get back in the car, close all the windows, shut down the car, get out, get back in, start up the car, open all the windows, and then it will run."

But honestly this has been the Microsoft solution to every problem for thirty years.  "Hello, Microsoft?  My printer is smoking." Reply, "Well first you need to reinstall windows".

27 minutes ago, jgf said:

The Microsoft software engineer told the other two "No, we have to get back in the car, close all the windows, shut down the car, get out, get back in, start up the car, open all the windows, and then it will run.

Too too funny.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.