ActiveSky 2012 and Evolution

usb777

Been working fine for ten years using two different computers and have two different internet services (Spectrum and TMoble) now within the past week or so I get the error window cannot connect to internet service. Check firewall ect. I have not changed anything and have checked even turned off firwall, uninstalled reinstalled. So I do not beleive it to be me. I placed a suppoert ticket still waiting. Anyone out there having issues with active sky products as well?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Mike, sad to say, but Hi Fi has pulled the plug on Evolution, they've "upgraded" their servers and Evolution is no longer supported. Some die hard fans are able to continue using Evolution by manually importing weather or using archival files. As I don't care to monkey around that much, I have reluctantly switched to FSGRW, and it seems to have superior depiction of meteorological conditions than Evolution had. For more information on the Evolution situation, have a look at the posts in the topic R.I.P Active Sky Evolution here in the FS2004 section of the forum.

Thanks yes they contacted me via a support ticket and AS2012, Evolution and Next I believe no longer supported. I have AS16 for FSX and it works rather welll.  still have REX for both FS9 and FSX. Some other free weather software I have played with in the past. It kind of lets me feel like I am getting old kind of a bummer.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler