Help with A320 fbw, ILS new problem

Hi all. I have A320 fbw development constantly updated. ILS procedure done many times with different weather, routes and airports. Final stages LOC on and APR on and all goes well. Diamonds showing correctly etc. Now since yesterday's (Wednesday's) update, for some reason loc and apr switches will not stay on together, only one will stay switched on and only one or the other will work. Any help or advice welcome and I would very much like to know if others experiencing the same.

Thanks, Roy

5 hours ago, roypaglia said:

Hi all. I have A320 fbw development constantly updated. ILS procedure done many times with different weather, routes and airports. Final stages LOC on and APR on and all goes well. Diamonds showing correctly etc. Now since yesterday's (Wednesday's) update, for some reason loc and apr switches will not stay on together, only one will stay switched on and only one or the other will work. Any help or advice welcome and I would very much like to know if others experiencing the same.

Thanks, Roy

Been that way for me for awhile. Once I'm on the localizer, I watch the right side; once that diamond is lined up, I engage Approach. Just something I got used to since way back when,.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

12 hours ago, kingnorris said:

Been that way for me for awhile. Once I'm on the localizer, I watch the right side; once that diamond is lined up, I engage Approach. Just something I got used to since way back when,.

Thanks. I too had it from a while back but only 2 or 3 times, restarted and it was ok, but now permanent. Tried all three, stable, dev and experimental, no change. A few questions if you don't mind. When you select apr, the loc switch goes off but does does the loc still work? I mean even if the switch is off will the plane keep straight? In any case, it shouldn't be like this. Have you any idea why it suddenly did this? I have no idea, I suppose it's a bug.

Thanks again, cheers.

18 hours ago, roypaglia said:

Thanks, Roy

Only one other seems to have this. Surely only two of us. Just curious cos if that's the case, it's probably not a bug.

16 minutes ago, RocketRod737 said:

Are you only concerned that the switch is no longer illuminated?  As I understand it, approach phase handles it all.  this might help.  https://docs.flybywiresim.com/pilots-corner/beginner-guide/landing/

Thanks Rocket. I was concerned because apr and loc where both on, so I thought something must have gone wrong. I'll check what you have kindly sent. Thanks again.

Roy

There is more to the timing of commands during an ILS approach, however I hope this helps to keep things simple

As you are nearing your final approach course, you arm the LOC, as this gives you lateral guidance on the approach. As you see the glideslope needle alive (moving) arm APR when you are 1 dot below the glideslope. The APR portion provides the vertical guidance on the GS.

This is true in many autopilots. but yours may be different. Read any information of the specific autopilot as the functions may vary slightly.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

56 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

There is more to the timing of commands during an ILS approach, however I hope this helps to keep things simple

As you are nearing your final approach course, you arm the LOC, as this gives you lateral guidance on the approach. As you see the glideslope needle alive (moving) arm APR when you are 1 dot below the glideslope. The APR portion provides the vertical guidance on the GS.

This is true in many autopilots. but yours may be different. Read any information of the specific autopilot as the functions may vary slightly.

Thanks very much. I have now sorted everything. So that others may gain from my experience, previously I thought that both loc and apr buttons should be illuminated and when only one or the other was, I thought was a bug. Now I I've learned that was the bug and the correct procedure is this as Phrog has kindly taught me.