Slow start of MSFS - make it faster?

I usually fly VFR in Norway so I do not need all the sceneries from all the disdant parts of the world.

Is there any tool for safe deleting of sceneries I do no need?

What about aircrafts that I do not use?

Greetings from Inge Jenstad / Lillehammer / Norway

ingejenstad@hotmail.com

I've read that playing the sim 'off line' reduces the load time slightly? Personally, I start the sim, go take a bio break, pour myself a nice cup of coffee or tea, maybe grab a snack and head back to the PC for very little wait time indeed.

• Haha 2

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

1 hour ago, IngeJ said:

I usually fly VFR in Norway so I do not need all the sceneries from all the disdant parts of the world.

Is there any tool for safe deleting of sceneries I do no need?

What about aircrafts that I do not use?

You can safely delete everything you don't want from the in-game Content Manager. I usually do that after every update.

Not sure it makes a difference in starting time, but sure makes a HUGE difference in saving drive space.

• Thanks 1
Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)