Shut down ATR 72-600

I cannot find the procedure to shut down Asobo ATR 72-600 engines at the end of a flight.

Is there a simple way to do it?  Any help will be appreciated!

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

I'm looking for the answer to this too. I suspect it can only be done correctly by following the actual shut-down procedure, one of the youtube videos will show it but in the meantime I'm just selecting "cold and dark" on the EFB!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

In my experience, I made sure the parking brake was set, the gust lock engaged, and ground power turned on.  Once I tried to run the number 2 engine in Hotel Mode after arrival, but the prop kept spinning.  The reason, after scanning everything over and over again: I forgot to engage the gust lock ;).  Hope this helps!

Found it! It's a quick shutdown (not based on any official procedure) and it's as easy as one-two-three: On the Overhead electrical panel, flip the safety catch and switch the Main Battery off then switch off Gen1 and Gen2 as shown below:-

spacer.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Found it nr. 2

I have the classic Saitek yoke and throttle configuration. I made a new Flight Yoke System profile for the ATR 42/72. The Blue axis is propeller nr. 1 & Red is propeller axis nr. 2

Make a new assignment in the yoke for 'Toggle Feather switch' 1 & 2  and I used the knob under the blue and red axis. (Button RX & RY)

To shut down.

1 Pull your Gustlock backwards (towards you)

2 Push the blue and red axis all the way down.

3 Do not forget your parking brakes and switch off the beacon lights

• Like 1