Looking for a modern Airport Designer for SE

LordofGats

The download links work for me.

But - the scenery says it's designed for P3D v. 4, meaning it should also work in v. 5. 

It does not, even when I recompile the AFCAD with ADE and the v. 5 SDK. I get the memory access violation, exception code C0000005 with g2d.dll.

I'll tinker a bit more and let you know what I find out, I might have to contact the developer.

Jorgen

• Like 1

I have tinkered a bit, and found out the reason I get the crashes with this scenery is that the AFCAD does not have a runway defined. In fact, when you look at the "runway" in ADE it is actually a taxiway!

At least that causes the crash in P3D v. 5, I cannot say if it also does that in P3D v. 4 or in FSX - but I would suspect so.

So what I did is learn to make a runway in ADE, which was not as difficult as I thought. Once I had RWY 04/22 defined and oriented (oriented was the tricky part), I laid it over the existing taxiway (that was imitating the runway) and things were fine. All this may sound cryptic, but when you're in ADE it is obvious.

The end result is a great rendering of the airport. The total amount of time I spent on this, including learning time, was about 40 minutes.

I don't know if I can or should post the AFCAD here, because A: for copyright reasons, and B: because it's compiled for P3D v. 5, with the v. 5 SDK...

Jorgen

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, jorgen.s.andersen said:

I have tinkered a bit, and found out the reason I get the crashes with this scenery is that the AFCAD does not have a runway defined. In fact, when you look at the "runway" in ADE it is actually a taxiway!

At least that causes the crash in P3D v. 5, I cannot say if it also does that in P3D v. 4 or in FSX - but I would suspect so.

So what I did is learn to make a runway in ADE, which was not as difficult as I thought. Once I had RWY 04/22 defined and oriented (oriented was the tricky part), I laid it over the existing taxiway (that was imitating the runway) and things were fine. All this may sound cryptic, but when you're in ADE it is obvious.

The end result is a great rendering of the airport. The total amount of time I spent on this, including learning time, was about 40 minutes.

I don't know if I can or should post the AFCAD here, because A: for copyright reasons, and B: because it's compiled for P3D v. 5, with the v. 5 SDK...

Jorgen

Maybe he is just, Simply offline. You don't know where he is, nor what he is doing. He is probably resting for sure...

• 7 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 3:38 PM, jorgen.s.andersen said:

...I don't know if I can or should post the AFCAD here, because A: for copyright reasons, and B: because it's compiled for P3D v. 5, with the v. 5 SDK...

Jorgen.

Well uh, it's been... 8 Months I think? Any update now, Still waiting for if you could try.