A Rainy Landing

BillD22

A Cirrus Vision Jet on the RNAV Runway 9 approach to Key West (KEYW) in today's RW rainy and windy weather.  The orange blob on the MFD is an area of moderate rain directly over the airport.  This video is a good illustration of the realistic weather effects in FS2020.

• Like 1

• BillD22 changed the title to A Rainy Landing

I see the REIL at 30 sec on video. 200 and 1/2? Must have been 300 and 1 per the approach plate. Well done, very realistic.

https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/EYW/IAP/RNAV+(GPS)+RWY+09/pdf

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Just now, BillD22 said:

I'm calling it 300 and 1

Works for me, and that's what I'll tell the FAA if they ask!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Nicely done!  After watching this I had a go with the TBM with updated avionics and got the radar working.  Not ever having used a real glass cockpit or aviation radar I flew into a really nasty thunderstorm and even in the sim it gave me a fright!  Massive downdrafts near mountains (ATC had me descend way too low), wind shear and near maximum controllable crosswind component on landing.

What I couldn't get to work was the approach plates like you have in your video.  Any tips?