My fs2004 dead ?

A300-600

I have a big problem very important : when i  load  fs2004 there is a warning say  " file Dem4km.bgl is missing or corrupt ,re-install fs2004 to restor this file. Fs2004 will close". Someone know solution ? I will not destry all my fs2004 files.

Thanks at all

Andrea

14 hours ago, leuen said:

Either scenery.cfg can't find the file in Scenery/Base folder, or it's simply missing there. Check both.

Thank leuen

In the Scenery/Base folder there is it and is not corrupted. I installed a new dem4km.bgl  by the CD fs2004 oroginal. But nothing !

Then I would recommend the following:

1. rename fs9.cfg to fs9.cfgbkp or somthing else.

2. Try to start FS2004 as a new fs9.cfg will automatically generated.

If this does not succeed . . .

3. Rename your existing FS2004 folder in order to keep everything you have already installed.

4. Install FS2004 from your installation disks into the same path you had it in before.

5. Start FS2004 once and see if it works.

6. Then copy all the content from your old installation (now under the new filename you previously picked) to the new FS2004 installation folder and overwrite. Make sure not to copy Dem4km.bgl.

7. You may later restore the content of your old fs9.cfg if you made changes to it that are not done by selecting menu options within FS2004.

Michael

P.S. Run FS2004 with admin rights !

OK leuen....thank Michael for your very interesting answer.. n°1 is not good,nothing. sorry

n°2 also nothing. sorry

From n°3 to n°7 is complicated for me,but I try it and post late.

Excuse me a further question: in an italian fs2004 Forum someone tell me insert the first CD fs9 installation, and choose "restore" option. Is this possible ? If yes, is it more simple ?

Andrea

I don't think that a restore option would be reasonable. This might restore files like scenery.cfg and replace it by a default one or you really do a backup, what you should do  now and urgently anyway. Before you are loosing important settings.

To be certain that your system is effectively in position to run FS9, you only will know that by installing a second default and basic FS9. Otherwise you are waisting your time. And it isn't that complicated as you seems to fear. IMO you actually have no other choice 

Bernard

15 minutes ago, A300-600 said:

In my C drive there is not much free space,

You should do a good clean up of your C drive, move stored document and picture piles to a thumb drive or external hard drive. Free up as much space as possible. Then you can consider installing FS9.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

7 hours ago, hgschnell said:

Show us your scenery,cfg by attaching it

Thank you for your interest, but  at this point the fs2004 restor is impossible, so my decision is the fs2004 re-installation, ( I am very sorry ).

With the clean fs2004 copy install ,I have not trouble (problems).

Thanks at all for interest.

Andrea

Good to hear, hopefully you were able to keep your old files, like Add-on Scenery, Effects, Sounds, and all those folders were you had something installed before. But under all circumstances, when you have a setup that works with most of the addons you have !!! DO A BACKUP !!!

Michael

16 hours ago, michaelkalinowsk said:

Good to hear, hopefully you were able to keep your old files, like Add-on Scenery, Effects, Sounds, and all those folders were you had something installed before. But under all circumstances, when you have a setup that works with most of the addons you have !!! DO A BACKUP !!!

Michael

Yes..I backupped to an external Hdd, all important fs2004 folders. Very big =almost  44 GB !

On 3/18/2023 at 10:32 AM, A300-600 said:

Yes..I backupped to an external Hdd, all important fs2004 folders. Very big =almost  44 GB !

Now I can't install the FS91updITA.exe  There is a warning message say "impossible install"  Someone know why ?

36 minutes ago, A300-600 said:

Now I can't install the FS91updITA.exe  There is a warning message say "impossible install"  Someone know why ?

Please provide more Details about this File (FS91updITA.exe). What Site did you download this Update from? How are you trying to Install it in your Flight Sim?

Did you Install FlightSim in a Folder outside of the Program Files folder?

If English isn't your native Language, please post in your native tongue, and we can Translate it. Thanks! 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

21 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Please provide more Details about this File (FS91updITA.exe). What Site did you download this Update from? How are you trying to Install it in your Flight Sim?

Did you Install FlightSim in a Folder outside of the Program Files folder?

If English isn't your native Language, please post in your native tongue, and we can Translate it. Thanks! 🙂

il file FS91updITA.exe l'ho usato da molti anni,non mi ricordo da dove è stato scaricato,ma è ok  l'ho installato nella stessa cartella di fs9, in fianco a FS9.exe.  Non fuori da program files .

Mai successo !!

Grazie per la tua gradita risposta

Andrea