LH B757 to LOWI

beroun

Peter, looking at your screenshots it is obvious that you have no mesh for the alps installed, which is a pity. With a good mesh the experience of flying into Innsbruck would be far more realistic and enjoying. There are freeware mesh packages available by Holger Sandmann and Jonathan de Ferranti (alpsw_fe.zip, alpse_fe.zip, alps_up1.zip).

Michael

• Like 2

Hi Guenther,

Got hudreds of flyables with different color schemes. Usually just add the texture and delete the download, but definitely the LH paint was obtained either from Flightsim or AVSIM.

There are probably lot of aircraft with paint not belonging to that airline. 

Cheers,

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

On 3/17/2023 at 7:24 PM, beroun said:

Hi Michael. Thanks. I got UT Europe installed and did not want any other scenery to affect it. So have uninstalled mesh. Any idea if it would clash?

Hi.

I have UT Europe and FS Global mesh. As Ultimate Terrain is vector, landclass & coastline, the only incompatibility you're likely to see is the occasional vector stream running parallel to its topographical course but, having said that, the problem only really occurs where stock vectors are still in use because MS had some inexplicable offset in all their geography.

If you have third party airports installed then some may end up on plateaux or in depressions but on the whole developers have worked from the same data sets and it's only stock scenery that has problems.

I'll bet you'll want to repost those same shots when you see what a difference a good mesh makes.

D

• Thanks 1

Thanks. As a rule, how should we prioritize the layers. Should UT be above or below the mesh?

Currently I have Alps mesh below UT Europe in scenery (Lower).

Alps SRTM Layer 48

UT Europe Layers 910-917

And it seems to work ok. 
But I have it in reverse with UT Canada AK??

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

3 hours ago, beroun said:

Thanks. As a rule, how should we prioritize the layers. Should UT be above or below the mesh?

Currently I have Alps mesh below UT Europe in scenery (Lower).

Alps SRTM Layer 48

UT Europe Layers 910-917

And it seems to work ok. 
But I have it in reverse with UT Canada AK??

I think it won't matter in this case because UT has no mesh so neither package will interfere with the other. As most devs use the same raw data, airport elevations should be pretty near the mesh altitude too. Some stock fields may need adjusting but I don't recall having done that for any in the Alps.  My load order is, broadly, the following:

"Default Terrain" - bottom layer
duplicate afd files for AI
"Default Scenery"
stock continents
stock aerial photo scenery
object libraries (EZ Scenery, Runway 12 et c.)
"Addon Scenery" (down here because I'm likely to want individual packages to supplant it)

vector scenery
Ultimate Terrain packs
meshes

landclass & LWM
world photoscenery
Playsims VFR Photoscenery
JF British Airports series
MAIW airfields
lots of individual airports
scenery objects (e. g. Millau Viaduct or New Year fireworks)
UK2000 airports
custom traffic bgls
test layer for
my projects - topmost layer

Here are a few bits of eye candy. These are UT Europe with FS Global 2008, FScene landclass textures and HDE v2 skies tweaked with FSUIPC. That one of a road running straight up the mountainside is UT Europe's attempt at placing the Chamonix to Courmayeur tunnel on the surface...

Engadin:

engadin.jpg

Grenoble:

grenoble.jpg

Massif de Chartreuse:

m de chartreuse.jpg

Mont Blanc tunnel!

cham2cour.jpg

Priorities are a very special issue. As far as I understood, for the same scenery category FS2004 takes care of prioritizing. But between categories the priorities must be considered. Mesh should be at a lower priority, landclass (just like Ultimate Terrain) should have higher priority. But priorities between the different LC sceneries are irrelevant. For mesh scenery the LOD (level of detail) plays a role.

Take a look here for further explanation:

https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/506/scenery-file-priority

https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive.com/s/help_docs/m/20268/l/199760-priority-matters

Hope this helps

Michael