What's Your Shortest Flight?

Like being on Okinawa or Oahu, island flying is clockwise around one day, counterclockwise around the next!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Well, my shortest flight, and possibly a world record for the shortest flight in a transport category aircraft, has already been documented here in the article "Short Haul", which used to be in the features section, but I have no idea where it is now.  Like all of my other articles here, it has no doubt been shorn of its pictures and auto-edited into a condition that would have have me black and blue from the ire of the good nuns who had charge of my primary education back in the day!

For those of you who have not seen it, it was a real life 727 ferry flight from LGA to JFK one evening around 1979.  The winds were such as to favor a takeoff on 22 at LGA, from whence it was a mere whifferdil over to runway 13L at JFK.  The whole flight from liftoff to touchdown took a shade under 4 minutes.  Even a flight shorter in distance, like El Paso to Biggs AAF would take longer than that due to the configuration of the runways.   Try it in MSFS or XPlane and see if you can beat that time!

17 hours ago, avallillo said:

Well, my shortest flight, and possibly a world record for the shortest flight in a transport category aircraft, has already been documented here in the article "Short Haul", which used to be in the features section, but I have no idea where it is now.  Like all of my other articles here, it has no doubt been shorn of its pictures and auto-edited into a condition that would have have me black and blue from the ire of the good nuns who had charge of my primary education back in the day!

For those of you who have not seen it, it was a real life 727 ferry flight from LGA to JFK one evening around 1979.  The winds were such as to favor a takeoff on 22 at LGA, from whence it was a mere whifferdil over to runway 13L at JFK.  The whole flight from liftoff to touchdown took a shade under 4 minutes.  Even a flight shorter in distance, like El Paso to Biggs AAF would take longer than that due to the configuration of the runways.   Try it in MSFS or XPlane and see if you can beat that time!

Done! Got it done in 3:32

That was fun as well!!0032.thumb.jpg.148d0c47c5d2d0bc3c30d763e621b290.jpg

0031.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality