Blackbird Sim releases some titles for Freeware

airernie

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but Blackbird Simulations, formally MilViz has released a number of their FSX/P3D titles to freeware.

Be sure to mouse over the photo to get the key if it's needed.

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

I downloaded 3 aircraft (F-86, Kingair, and Bell 407), could only get the F-86 to load, but it would not operate at all. The Kingair kept crashing FSX if selected. Uninstalled and all back to normal. Anyone else have installation issues, it might just be something with my computer.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

14 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

Did you enter the DRM

Yes, was only required for the KingAir. All three showed up and were selected from their management app.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

I got the 737 and saved the configuration as powered up and ready to go but it seems cold and dark. Not a deal breaker so I'll have to learn how to start it up. Amazing to get such detail for free!

28 minutes ago, xtc said:

I got the 737 and saved the configuration as powered up and ready to go but it seems cold and dark. Not a deal breaker so I'll have to learn how to start it up. Amazing to get such detail for free!

Yeah, I haven't yet found out how to start it either.  

Great stuff! Thanks..............

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:44 AM, k2wilson said:

Yeah, I haven't yet found out how to start it either.  

I have the 737 installed and was going to give it a go to see if I had starting issues.  Then I looked at checklist.  Geez.. that is one ugly mother.  I'm thinking I might try a generic list and see if that gets me up and running.

One thing I did notice is that it loads without fuel unless you specify the amount in MVAMS or the FSX fuel planner.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

On 3/4/2023 at 1:14 PM, xtc said:

Hello, does it have a working FMC , and does anyone know how it. Ompares withbthe PMDG. ( which is now not available, it seems)

Someone else did a ‘study’ 737 , was it I Fly or something.?

Initial google search draws a blank

2 hours ago, Cas141 said:

Hello, does it have a working FMC , and does anyone know how it. Ompares withbthe PMDG. ( which is now not available, it seems)

Someone else did a ‘study’ 737 , was it I Fly or something.?

Initial google search draws a blank

No comparison to the PMDG or iFly 737, both of which are much closer to study level 737s.  

While the documents folder contains a manual for a Universal FMC, the B737-200C was apparently modeled without the FMS and uses the standard FSX GPS.  You can add a weather panel, but that's about it.

• Thanks 1

Ernest Pergrem

2 hours ago, airernie said:

No comparison to the PMDG or iFly 737, both of which are much closer to study level 737s.  

While the documents folder contains a manual for a Universal FMC, the B737-200C was apparently modeled without the FMS and uses the standard FSX GPS.  You can add a weather panel, but that's about it.

thank you😀

On 3/3/2023 at 9:48 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

Yes, was only required for the KingAir. All three showed up and were selected from their management app.

The KA350 Kıng Air is P3D only!

Cant get the Piper Comanche to show just says 'unable to load visual model' in FSX ???

Heres hoping Justflight and others follow suit??

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I suspect some of these freebies are not FSX at all despite indicating so on the download page?

As before the Piper Twinkie will not display the visual model

The C310 redux shows a black screen stating the MV_WX.dll is ıncompatible with this version (tried unallowing it in fsx.cfg but no joy for me)

And the 737-200 just flies in a constant ground loop when selected?

This may just be me so if any of you have any of the above working in FSX (boxed deluxe version) please let me know?

DHC3 Otter works no probs as does the Bobcat and Beech 55

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

38 minutes ago, pomak249 said:

I suspect some of these freebies are not FSX at all despite indicating so on the download page?

High probability.

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, pomak249 said:

As before the Piper Twinkie will not display the visual model

The C310 redux shows a black screen stating the MV_WX.dll is ıncompatible with this version (tried unallowing it in fsx.cfg but no joy for me)

And the 737-200 just flies in a constant ground loop when selected?

This may just be me so if any of you have any of the above working in FSX (boxed deluxe version) please let me know?

DHC3 Otter works no probs as does the Bobcat and Beech 55

Interesting, I've no problem with either the C310 and 737-200 in FSX (boxed, Acceleration) and Windows 10.  However, I owned the previous version of the C310, so perhaps I benefited.  However the Redux model installed in a completely different folder, so it shows as a different aircraft.

For the Beech 55 I get a P3Dv4-v5 installation screen, as I did with the Piper Twinkie.  I installed the Piper anyway, but no visual model, which is likely due to it being incompatible with FSX.  The Bobcat displays a P3Dv5 only installation, so didn't try.   Not sure how you got them working, but I'm not interested any of the three.

You are correct though, that a number of the models are mislabeled as to their compatibility.  While I appreciate Blackbird making them freeware, they also could have made an attempt to label them correctly.

Ernest Pergrem

2 hours ago, pomak249 said:

Hı airernie the Bobcat is labelled as P3D and FSX

Correct, but when I run the installer it shows as P3DV5 only.  I can bypass it and choose to put the file wherever I want, but unless it specifically states FSX I'm hesitant to try.

spacer.png

Ernest Pergrem

I just left everything unticked and installed it outset FSX in a separate folder then transferred everything across. If you dont like it or it doesnt work just delete it, I did that with a few others too.