Roger Wensley, Frozen Rivers and Lakes

joaopaz

Hi, guys - I'm hoping that Roger may see this 🙂

Roger, I'm using all your 3 files on this subject - and they work great (just the LOD lines are a bummer but I know that's FS and not your work!)

Two things...

a) just to confirm.. The Norton Sound isn't frozen.. correct?

b) would it be possible for you to let me know what texture is in use for the frozen bodies of water? In my system it comes out "brownish" specially since I changed most scenery/world/texture winter textures for a much brighter tone.. so in comparison is quite a contrast. I'd like to edit that texture if possible.

It's not on your zips so must be something from FS9 itself.

Thanks, and thank you for your work! (impressive!!)

Joao

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

Here I am. Norton Sound is not frozen, that is correct. And after all this time I do not remember which texture FS9 was using to show as ice, and in fact I don't think I ever did know. If you have modified the FS9 textures for winter then it seems you will have a problem finding out which one. I found out how to do this icy water from Holger Sandmann, who made the Alaska glacier area sceneries, one of which was called Glacier Bay, another was Misty Fjords. If you can find him somewhere then try asking him. I probably no longer have his email but I will see if I can find it. If I do I will post it here.

Dear Roger, thanks for your reply!

No worries about it.

Yes I remember Holger Sandmann and of course all his freeware work and with the Misty guys 🙂 Wonderful sceneries up to do this day!

If you didn't use/included a texture I reckon it must be on one main folder.

But you gave me an idea, I'll check if that's the same texture on HS's work.

Thank you!

Incidentally, I was talking today with friends about Whitehorse Intl and of how there's almost nothing done for that airport.. and someone mentioned something like "surprisingly not even Roger Wensley did something there.." 😄 

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

Dear Roger,

I was the one who was "surprised", but that was meant more ironically.

On the other hand, if not you, who is predestined for Whitehorse in FS2004?

The still large number of FS2004 users will be all the happier, that you will now bring the white spot in the FS2004 map "Whitehorse" to life.

I can only agree with what Joao said, what a desolate piece of flight simulator country would North America be without your beautiful scenery.

Sincerly

Andreas

• Like 1