Msfs2020 quit spontaneously

No, it must be more than that. I was using the sim, closed it down, restarted thirty minutes later and the same thing  OP reported. CTD  before completely loaded. I tried both normal start and clean community start. No joy. I'll sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Something's afoot in Denmark

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

I had the same thing happen Tuesday night. Had been running   MSFS for two days, no issues. Restarted then boom, wouldn't load for rhyme or reason. Took two days to sort it out. Another user on Avsim had the same issue and his solution worked for me. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/630968-msfs-wont-get-past-initial-splash-screen/

I surmised that perhaps Windows update had corrupted the Opt.cfg file earlier that day. I renamed the file, reloaded but then when "Checking for updates" would never get past. Stated "OFFLINE". Couldn't understand why. Signed out of XBox, Microsoft Store then signed in again.. Nada. My PC was definitely online.. Then it DAWNED on me: I have MSFS from STEAM and I had flown for weeks with Steam Offline. I restarted  Steam ONLINE and all is well. The latest download is HUGE. Anyway, hope this helps. Too many fingers in the pie to ensure the program works..😔

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

12 hours ago, ster100 said:

Uninstalld ans installd.

Everything works.

Sigh, I am both happy and sad at the same time.  Glad it is working, but that you had to uninstall and then the LONG reinstall process.  Oh well 🙂  

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality