Floodlight and Glareshield lighting in C172 (Steam)

Is there a way to have the floodlights turned OFF when I fly this AC?  They are always on, no matter the time of day, and it would be nice to get them to be off when I starting using the AC.  Yes, I know I can twist the dials to turn them off for the flight, but I was hoping for a permanent solution 🙂

The same goes for the glareshield and Pedestal lighting as well.  Again, I know I can turn them off, but having to do this for every flight 🙂

I am attaching screenshots showing what I am talking about.  BTW:  time time of day in the sim was 3pm

0022.jpg

0021.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

You can switch them off in the runway.flt file located here: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-classic\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_classic

Open the runway.flt file with Notepad and scroll down to the [Switches.0] section:

[Switches.0]
PitotHeat=False
BeaconLights=True
LandingLights=True
LogoLights=True
NavLights=True
PanelLights=False
PanelLightsNight=True
RecognitionLights=True
StrobeLights=True
TaxiLights=False
WingLights=True
CabinLights=False
GlareshieldLights=False
PedestalLights=False

Just change =True to =False to switch off the ones you don't want on at startup. The Cabin lights and Glareshield lights are already off, it must be the Panel Lights Night which should be off.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim, thanks for the replay.  I did as you suggested, however, it did not work 😞

I know I was using the correct file because I was able to turn off other lights prior to the loading of the sim, and they were off when I started on the runway.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Tiger 1962.  I have a similar question in principle.  I always turn off the yokes before flying.  Is there a similar solution to do this, i.e. have the aircraft open without the yokes showing?

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

The only Yoke options in the .flt files are for setting the yoke position fore/aft and left/right. Unfortunately the model.xml and model_interior.xml files are encrypted so we can't check there either - this is where some of the light switch defaults may be located too.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

6 minutes ago, tiger1962 said:

The only Yoke options in the .flt files are for setting the yoke position fore/aft and left/right. Unfortunately the model.xml and model_interior.xml files are encrypted so we can't check there either - this is where some of the light switch defaults may be located too.

Ahhh.  That makes sense (I had forgotten about the Yoke as well having to make it disappear 🙂    )

Thanks!

I've posted this "bug" on the https://forums.flightsimulator.com/ bug section as well.   Had a reply that this is also happening when the AC is cold and dark.  Actually made me smile 🙂 

Well done, I agree this a bug of some kind - my guess would be that the persistent cabin and/or glareshield lights are aliased to some other switch which isn't present in the C172, such as Logo lights.

13 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

OK, and thanks for looking.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.