AIFP3 error

ColR1948

I recently had to make a few changes in my PC, in doing so changed a letter on the drive I had my flight sims on from E to D.
Anyway today I went to do a flight plan ang this error, I did a registry scan and it supposed to have fixed some errors but still can't get AIFP to work.
I downloaded it again and installed it but as you see got the error. any ideas please?

no version found.jpg

6 hours ago, ColR1948 said:

@Bernard:  Ty mate, done it, funny when I was doing it I remembered, kicked myself for forgeting.

@Tom:  I opened the repair tool but AIFP3 was not in the window, so it is still saying it can't find FS9 or FSX.

Col.

The Flight1 only corrects the FSX path in the registry.  Open it, point it to FSX.exe and accept.  Registry should be fixed.  If AIFP still can't find FSX then open AIFP.ini in a text editor and check what 'Path to FSX=' as well as 'Path to FSX.cfg=' displays and correct it if need be.

Hopefully, one of those two work.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

Hi Ernest,
Thanks for the reply, I looked in AIFP and can't see AIFP.ini looked in AIFP.cfg and nowhere to put a path.
I ran the Flight1 repair and it said everything is now fine, but still AIFP can't find FS9 or FSX.
I have both sims on a seperate drive not in the C drive, they are both in the E drive, but like I said AIFP2 works fine.

Col.

Hi Col,

I searched AIFP.ini with Windows_Search and found it in C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\Traffic\AIFP. Perhaps your AIFPfolder is at a other place but the searchfunction should find.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

6 hours ago, ColR1948 said:

Hi Ernest,
Thanks for the reply, I looked in AIFP and can't see AIFP.ini looked in AIFP.cfg and nowhere to put a path.
I ran the Flight1 repair and it said everything is now fine, but still AIFP can't find FS9 or FSX.
I have both sims on a seperate drive not in the C drive, they are both in the E drive, but like I said AIFP2 works fine.

Col.

In some versions of Windows you must run the Flight 1 Repair Tool "As Administrator", so do try again. It is prone to telling porky-pies about having made the repair if you don't.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I think I found out why this isn't working, in AIFP2 there is an ini file that points to fs9 but in the download of AIFP3 there is no ini file.

I tried to adapt the AIFP2 ini for for AIFP3 but I need the right text.

so has anyone got the ini file for AIFP3 please?

Col.

1 hour ago, ColR1948 said:

I got it thank you, I treid it but got same error, this is strange that the download didn't work and it had no ini file.

Yet the AIFP2 worked OK, maybe becuase this new one if for FS2020 as well, something in it that isn't working right.

Out of curiosity, what version of AIFP 3.x are you running?  I'm running AIFP 3.2.21 in Windows 10.  I get  the option to choose either FS9 or FSX within AIFP.

Try unzipping AIFP to a temporary folder.  Open it, then close it.  It should have generated a .ini file. 

I've attached the one that was generated automatically by 3.4.3.15, which is the latest version.

Ernie

AIFP.ini.txt

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

I got one of those HDD swap modules for the PC, very easy to use, just slot in your spare HDD, close the door on the module and it connects to the PC.
I put my old HDD with Flight Sim in and it connected straight away, tried AIFP3 and hey presto it all worked.  So I'm back in the air with my AI aircraft, thanks for all your help though guys I do appreciate it.

This is that HDD swapper as I call it, install it in the PC then it connects vis SATA at the back.

Col.

HDD swapper.jpg