Pilot blocking view!!!!!

Which aircraft, or is this happening with several for you?

I am using FSX and never heard of this issue, so your post intrigued me.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 1 month later...

Haven't encountered this in VR (yet, only just started using VR) but seen it occasionally in normal view. It is usually related to a livery mod also seen it using a Co-pilot addon too so likely it is the same. As usual try without anything in the Community Folder then if it's okay add back your addons one at a time to identify the culprit.

You can move the eyepoint in any aircraft which has a cameras.cfg file. Just open it with Notepad and you'll see the second section down is titled [Views]. Here's the one from the C172:

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = -3.95, -0.85, 1.9 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

The three sets of figures represent feet and inches, and it's the second one, -0.85 which we're going to change. We want to move the eyepoint forward in front of the pilot's head, about 6 inches should do it:

Subtract 0.5 (6 inches) from -0.85 to result in -0.35.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64