Mesh questions

donnybalonny

Hi

I´m flying, I´ve joined the club and I really like it (very smooth). I´m still in vanilla mode, but plan to change that.

I know from experience, that its best to go slow with addons and if not doing so, it often ends up with a headache and a full disk (or 3)

So I will start with the base. I have read around and I´m confused as usual. :o

What is the default Prepar3Dv2 mesh resolution?

And, do those of you reading this use addon mesh?

I havent been around so much, but in PacificNW, it looks like the 38m mesh I used in FS9. This is general very good and a 19m or less tend to slow down loadtimes and performance in my experience. Everything in better looks has a cost.

I will most probably go the ORBX way and if I´m right, the regional packages come with a mesh?

What about the Orbx global package (global, LC and vector), does it include mesh?

I will most probly end up asking 1000 questions. I hope you dont mind. This place is a bit quiet and noone is obliged to read or answer my babble.

Thanks for looking.

The standard mesh is mostly just like FSX but they have improved some areas. ORBX and FTX Global are the way to go. With FTX Global, FTX Vector and FS Global you'll get all you need.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

When i read about orbx, the word mesh, you dont see very often. And you dont see it used in the description of global/vector/openLC. Besides, open LC is so far a europe only package. The orbx terrain packages have mesh included. (at least from what I´ve read)

What if you would fly in one of the areas where default mesh fsx is poor. Could be Argentina or something similar, wouldnt I have to install a decent mesh like a 38m or similar to make the world look "correct"

In fs9, using a mesh was very important. Maybe the most important in making the world look closer to reality. Even 76m mesh was a huge improvement compared to default in many areas. On the other hand, the whole mesh thing also created a lot of addon scenery problems, with this scenery needing this mesh and that scenery needing another mesh etc.

Thats why I ask. I prefer to build up my landscape from the bottom.

[quote=donnybalonny;1886943

What if you would fly in one of the areas where default mesh fsx is poor. Could be Argentina or something similar, wouldnt I have to install a decent mesh like a 38m or similar to make the world look "correct"

Only you can answer that. If you don't like what you see in the default you can look for a specific scenery area.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived