Need help with FSX:SE crashing

AnySajmon

I am 14yo, deeply addicted to playing flight simulators. Problem is, i have low-end pc... My specs are: (Taken from windows system tab, if unclear ask further more in comments)

Intel® Celeron® CPU G3900T @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

4GB Ram

FSX has on my computer one problem. It keeps crashing almost always after i takeoff, no matter where. I heard that fsx is low specs so i left the settings tab on high and it runs pretty smooth-(30-60 fps). If anybody has any fixes or, any tips, please write it down in the comments. FSX is the only Flight Simulator i can have to enjoy flight simulators, because i can not run almost any flight simulator.

I am 14yo, deeply addicted to playing flight simulators. Problem is, i have low-end pc... My specs are: (Taken from windows system tab, if unclear ask further more in comments)

Intel® Celeron® CPU G3900T @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

4GB Ram

FSX has on my computer one problem. It keeps crashing almost always after i takeoff, no matter where. I heard that fsx is low specs so i left the settings tab on high and it runs pretty smooth-(30-60 fps). If anybody has any fixes or, any tips, please write it down in the comments. FSX is the only Flight Simulator i can have to enjoy flight simulators, because i can not run almost any flight simulator.

Hi, My advice would be too save up your money and try and get a better computer. FSX is very resource hungry. Maybe not the advice you were hoping for. Best of luck.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

FSX is a software eager in ressources, far to be "low specs".

Especially if you push the graphics settings high. I suggest to try with lower settings

and increase level of details up to the limit of your system. And lock your frame rate

at 30 fps.

Search in the forum for articles about that

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

The two gentlemen before me are right, you are limited by your hardware, and if your budget allows, look for something more powerful. Until then, consider lowering your settings.

But there is something that you can do in this situation.

First, you're not saying if you have tried tweaking your fsx.cfg or added any add-ons. Try this: if you have modified, or done something that could have modified, your fsx.cfg file, then print the file out. If you haven't modified it (knowingly), then don't bother printing it. Then, with FSX not running, delete the file, and restart FSX. It will generate a new file, now see if FSX will crash. If it does not, and you printed out the file, go through the printed copy and add the modifications one by one, running FSX after each addition to see what happens.

If the crashing persists, then note down the time of a crash. Then right-click on your Windows Start button and select Event Viewer from the menu. Click on the little arrow next to Windows Logs and then select Applications. Now, in the top center pane scroll down to the time of the crash, and see if there is an "Error" entry at that time. If there is, highlight it, copy the information in the lower center pane and post it here.

Jorgen

Edited by jorgen.s.andersen

And of course I forgot a couple of things.

You don't say which version of Windows you're running, but this applies to all versions:

Run Windows Update! New updates come out on the second Tuesday of every month, at 10:00 AM PST U.S. time. And - important - in Update, go to Advanced options, and make sure the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" is set to On. Leave it on!

Also, many of the various "devices" on your motherboard - no matter which motherboard - have their own drivers. To make sure those drivers are updated, get a driver update utility. I use one called Driver Booster, available in a freeware and a payware version. I liked it so much that I spent money for the payware version. But this is not the only one, there are many like it out there.

Jorgen