Feasibility of Add-On VC FSX

aeroplaneman

Hello,

I was thinking the other day, is it possible to create say, a 787 VC that could then be used in conjunction with another 787 external model? The way I was thinking of doing this was to use "interior=" in the model.cfg, just like when you merge the default 737 VC with the POSKY external model. All I want to know now is if this is actually possible before proceeding further.

Thanks for any help,

Aeroplaneman :)

If the exterior model is FSX native, then yes, it is possible.

If there is only one .mdl file and the plane already has a VC then it will not work.

If there is only one .mdl file and the plane does not have a VC, open the .mdl file in Notepad.

It will take a minute or so and most of what you see is unintelligible.

What you want to see at the top of the file is MDLXMDLH.

If you see that then you have an FSX native exterior model and you can add a VC to it.

If you see anything besides that then you will not be able to add a VC to it.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Rather than create a separate thread, I've got a rather basic question about software. Is it possible to use Blender to create FSX VCs or is it best to stick with GMAX given how different materials/surfaces are needed for the VC gauges and emissive textures and such? GMAX has installed fine, except the menus are quite strange, when I right click and navigate around to find say, "convert to editable mesh" most of the menu will disappear. Obviously if it's possible to use blender this is not an issue.

Archived