Issue with MFC70.DLL

skywest67

Hello fellow FS9ers,

I recently tried copying my FS9 files to a new laptop with Windows10 following all the instructions defined in the sticky thread "Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC".

After finishing the install, when I try to run FS9, nothing happens :(

I checked the Event Viewer and found the following log :

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208

Faulting module name: MFC70.DLL, version: 7.0.9466.0, time stamp: 0x3c36f60b

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000f0e7

Faulting process ID: 0x34a8

Faulting application path: C:\FS9\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FS9\MFC70.DLL

So it seems to be an issue with the MFC70.DLL which is identical to the one I had on my old PC, where FS9 runs fine.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

George.

Hello fellow FS9ers,

I recently tried copying my FS9 files to a new laptop with Windows10 following all the instructions defined in the sticky thread "Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC".

After finishing the install, when I try to run FS9, nothing happens :(

I checked the Event Viewer and found the following log :

Faulting application name: fs9.exe, version: 9.1.0.40901, time stamp: 0x4135a208

Faulting module name: MFC70.DLL, version: 7.0.9466.0, time stamp: 0x3c36f60b

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x0000f0e7

Faulting process ID: 0x34a8

Faulting application path: C:\FS9\fs9.exe

Faulting module path: C:\FS9\MFC70.DLL

So it seems to be an issue with the MFC70.DLL which is identical to the one I had on my old PC, where FS9 runs fine.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

George.

Typically this indicates the need for Visual C++ files, but check the steps here:

Unable to play Flight Simulator 2004 and receive error missing - Microsoft Community

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks for the link John.

Unfortunately it didn't work out. I tried the first 2 methods suggested (I can't do method 3 because that implies a "proper" installation from disks but I'm simply copying already installed files across).

Maybe that's the issue, that I need to install from the disks so that every DLL is properly registered. The problem is that PCs and laptops don't support disks anymore, and I don't really want to purchase an external disk drive just to install FS9.

Anyway I'll give myself a few more weeks to see if I can sort this out... otherwise I'll take it as a sign that it's time to move on from FS9 :)

cheers,

George.

Hi guys,

OK problem solved!

Just to be clear the issue was not that the MFC70.DLL was missing, as I simply copied it across from my old PC files, but that FS9 on the new machine would not start and complain that the DLL was faulty.

Anyway I started removing all my "non native FS9" DLLs from the FS9 folder to see if it was a compatibility issue and eventually found the culprit, a DLL called d3d9.dll that I downloaded years ago. I don't remember where I downloaded it from but I remember the purpose, it improves the "anti-aliasing" in FS9 to avoid the jagged line graphics.

So for some reason when that d3d9.dll was included in the FS9 folder on my new machine FS9 would then complain about the MFC70.dll being faulty (even though it all worked fine on my old Windows 7 machine). So I simply removed the "anti-aliasing" DLL and FS9 is now running fine on my new Windows 10 laptop! I'll just have to live with the jagged lines :)

Thanks for all the help.

cheers,

George.

Anyway I started removing all my "non native FS9" DLLs from the FS9 folder to see if it was a compatibility issue and eventually found the culprit, a DLL called d3d9.dll that I downloaded years ago. I don't remember where I downloaded it from but I remember the purpose, it improves the "anti-aliasing" in FS9 to avoid the jagged line graphics.

That is a Direct-X file. There are different ones for 32-bit and 64-bit. They should both be in the Windows system file structure. The chances are that the one you had was for the wrong version.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Must admit I never knew there was a dll for removing the jaggies, I am always trying to alter my graphics card settings.

And there's where you're supposed to do it.

Must look more into it for that file, I would like to know if there is one for W10 and you mentioned the one for W7.

This is a great way to destabilize your system or get another virus.

Cheers!

Luke