hi, After SU1o, a lot of people finding this feature called NVIDIA DLSS makes MSFS2020 more enhanced with more FRAME PER SECOND along with other benefits. Unfortunately, It is missing for me. I do not find this option in ANTI-ALIASING options. If anybody kindly explain me why it' not there in my SIM. Thanks

My PC system: RYZAN 15OO X NVIDIA GTX970 GRAPHIC CARD AND 500gb M2 nMve storage Current MSFS2020 ver. 1.27.21.0

Most likely it's because your GTX970 doesn't support DLSS. You're not missing much however, I didn't notice any FPS improvement or fantastic sharp details - in fact it blurred all the gauges in all the planes I tried it on, so I went back to TAA.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Most likely it's because your GTX970 doesn't support DLSS. You're not missing much however, I didn't notice any FPS improvement or fantastic sharp details - in fact it blurred all the gauges in all the planes I tried it on, so I went back to TAA.

Thank you for your reply probably you are. I won't bother about anymore, I will keep my setting at TAA

Regards

I had a very similar experience. Did not help, made things look worse. Changed back to TAA

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

After hours of testing, my personal experience. I have 3070ti and I have read that it's same with 2 series. DX12 instead of DX11. Do not use Afterburner. That's all it was, after which using DLSS massively improved fps and please note I never chase fps and have always had excellent performance and no stutters, 30 has always been my target. With DLSS it's gone to 60 with 50% monitor refresh rate. At 100% monitor refresh rate fps is in the region of 90. Also big thing with DLSS, gpu a few degrees cooler. I'm not sure if visibly it's any better but certainly no worse.

Specifically with afterburner, closing it caused sim to throw up alert messages and then shut down. With DX11 it froze, not ctd.

Guys, no harm in trying, dx12 instead of 11 and no Afterburner.

Your Nvidia card needs to be in the Nvidia RX40XX range in order to use DLSS.

3000 series supports dlss.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Your Nvidia card needs to be in the Nvidia RX40XX range in order to use DLSS.

I upgraded from an rtx3070 to a 3090 TI and there is a big difference with dlss compared to the 3070... Nvidia says all RTX Cards should work with dlss 2.0...... To get dlss you will need to upgrade the GTX970 card....

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-2-0-a-big-leap-in-ai-rendering/

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

hi, After SU1o, a lot of people finding this feature called NVIDIA DLSS makes MSFS2020 more enhanced with more FRAME PER SECOND along with other benefits. Unfortunately, It is missing for me. I do not find this option in ANTI-ALIASING options. If anybody kindly explain me why it' not there in my SIM. Thanks

My PC system: RYZAN 15OO X NVIDIA GTX970 GRAPHIC CARD AND 500gb M2 nMve storage Current MSFS2020 ver. 1.27.21.0

Hi Miahflyer,

I used a 970 for flightsim for about a year and a half. I think it worked well and is quite underrated.

You may not be able to use DLSS, but AMD FSR 2.0 is an option for you. Despite it being from AMD, it's open source and useable on nVidia cards, like your 970. I use it on my 1660 and I think it's better than TAA: better visuals AND better FPS. I use the quality FSR present, but you may need balanced or performance.

The caveat is that you need to use the DX12 beta to get that option. But see how it works on your 970, you can always switch back to DX11 and TAA.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I'm sticking with dlss. True it blurs my guages, but I zoom in on them a bit. No big deal.

I also haven't noticed any difference in frame rates or graphic quality BUT...

My GeForce RTX 2080 Ti now runs at 66C instead of 72C. As we all know, heat is the enemy of electronics, and my graphics card cost me an awful lot of money, so the longer it lasts, the better. So yes, it's def dlss for me !

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that DLSS performance is a real YMMV kind of thing. I'm a VR flyer, and DLSS gives me about a 5 FPS boost (40 -> 45) and what I consider negligible distortion or artifacts. I find I get better cockpit clarity with it than the TAA and render scale settings I need to get 40 fps. Yeah, glass panels look a little wonky and for the tubeliner fliers I can see that as a deal breaker, but for my GA preferences it's a non-issue.

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III