Photoscenery season question

benny1

It's perfectly possible to make scenery with 4 seasons. However, to do so, you need to have imagery from each season. It would also make the final scenery 4 times as large.

It is also possible to retouch summer scenery but such a huge task that nobody does it except for very small areas.

Night photoscenery is also possible, but few bother making it as you can't see it (I think they use a darkened version of the day scenery and add lights, etc.)

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Ok, I am going to contribute my 2 cents worth of experience here. You can in fact create seasons out of one photo satellite image (summer) thru Sbuilderx and Photoshop, furthermore you can very much create photoreal night scenery thru Sbuilderx as well.

I am not aware what commercial tools megasceneryearth uses to create their scenery, and if it gives them the option to create seasons or night, though I suspect they are not interested in the extra work involved or the resulting size. However, if you want to create your own, there is an excellent tutorial here at flightsim that will guide you through the steps.

Archived