How to set radio for ILS landing in 737 Pilot in Command

twister18

I'm fairly new to the 737. Could someone tell me precisely how to set the radio for ILS landings in the 737 Pilot in Command package? Thanks

Isnt there a guide or tutorial in your documentation ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Find the radio stack...

Enter the ILS freq on NAV1 radio

Make sure it is set to ACTIVE

If you have a GPS/NAV switch, set it to NAV

If you have LOC and/or APP buttons, enable those

I no longer have this plane as I dumped it way back when they decided to charge to update to Win 7 from XP, so this is just from memory

Lining up with the runway for an ILS appraoch

Assuming you have your radios set up correctly and your current heading is correct. You will also already know which angle you need to approach the runway (left or right) when you carried out your flight plan.

A rough guide

Nearing the airport, about 25miles out and depending if you are approaching left or right, add or subtract 30 degrees on your heading gauge.

As soon as you hear the radio start bleeping flick the NAV switch and then Heading button. The aircraft will then turn onto the set heading. You can then control the heading manually. I am normally heading for an altitude of 2500-3000ft (default 737-800). You can turn the radio nav1 button off if you don't want to go mad with the constant bleeping, it will still work.

As you make your manual heading turns towards the runway and around 10-12 miles out hit the APP button. When the aircraft has almost gone past the turn for approach it will pick up the ILS take control and turn you towards the runway, the heading light will then go out.

At 2500-3000ft (depending what you set) and around 7-9 miles out the aircraft will pick up the glide slope and start descending you towards the runway.

737.jpg

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

• 6 months later...

I've had to return to this question.

When I look at the EFIS control unit, I see the radio stack on the LH side. Reference has been made to radios 1 and 2 etc. Could someone point me to these and where exactly are all the settings on this unit for an ILS approach? Thanks.

Archived