FSX Weather

Honus

I Agree +++

I fly on P3DV4.5 and I have no problem with this freeware, specially when flying around my location, I can verify the weather is well restituted, just looking by my window.

Even with thunder and lightnings !

Good flights

vieil utilisateur de FS (depuis FS1 en 1982 !!!), passé à P3DV4.5

Config : WIN10, 64 bits. AMD Ryzen 7 4,4GHz, 16G RAM, GeForce GTX1070 8G

SAITEK proflight, multipanel, radiopanel, rudder, Thrustmaster Cougar

Site : https://simu.alain-bettan.fr

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, alain-simu said:

I Agree +++

I fly on P3DV4.5 and I have no problem with this freeware, specially when flying around my location, I can verify the weather is well restituted, just looking by my window.

Even with thunder and lightnings !

Good flights

I've downloaded the freeware but my antivirus didn't like it at all and said it contained malware.  It supposedly 'cleaned' it so we'll see how it works.

On 9/5/2022 at 3:58 PM, Honus said:

Hey thanks! I grabbed this and installed it. Pretty easy set up (I have the FSWX.exe file installed in the FSX root) No problems connecting and tested out a few random locations. Looks good. Thanks for the tip! Fly high!

So how does this freeware work?  It shows installed but I can't tell where it is or that anything is different.

24 minutes ago, Honus said:

So how does this freeware work?  It shows installed but I can't tell where it is or that anything is different.

I wonder if this addon weather works in the same way FSrealwx Light worked?  You start your Sim and select your aircraft, departure airport, arrival airport and hit "Fly Now".   Now you hit the fsxwx,exe and start that program which then sets up the weather metars over the areas you will be flying.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

12 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

I wonder if this addon weather works in the same way FSrealwx Light worked?  You start your Sim and select your aircraft, departure airport, arrival airport and hit "Fly Now".   Now you hit the fsxwx,exe and start that program which then sets up the weather metars over the areas you will be flying.

Did that but I guess it doesn't like FSX Steam.  Whole thing shuts down.  Guess I'll just stick with FSX standard weather.  Thanks anyway

• Thanks 1

Yep, that's what I did until my computer tossed it's cookies!  Just said OK to the message about the weather not working and it just loaded what was locked into the

server when it stopped updating.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

On 12/26/2023 at 12:20 PM, Honus said:

Did that but I guess it doesn't like FSX Steam.

So far this seems to be working fine with FSX gold. Select the themes as always, now with more realistic clouds.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.