Opening Screen Background

westway

Oren - did you get your blackout issue resolved?:rolleyes:

Background screen, are you talking about the Splash screen? If so, you can go into the File Library and do a search on "Splash Screens", I think there are about 40 something pages to browse. Just "let your fingers do the walking!"

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

I'm not sure yet if the issue is resolved, more testing to be done, but I did change the cable, so let's hope that was the solution. As to the background, not a splash screen, I don't think that's it, but the standard background scene behind the aircraft, there's a newer background screen I had on the old PC that looked a lot better. Can't remember where it was to download.

I'm attempting to locate a new opening screen in FSX background behind the aircraft. Can anyone tell me where I might find it?

I think what you are referring to is the aircraft_viewer_bkgrnd.bmp file found in the Uires folder in the main FSX directory.

Found this file in the library. Might be what you are looking for. fsxbgvw.zip

Edited by miatamariner

Thank you, it's somewhat similar but not the particular one I'm trying to locate.

You can always make your own by taking a screenshot of a particular background that you desire, in jpg format and then convert it to bmp format using a paint/photo editor such as Gimp2, which I use.