ATC malfunction.

I need some help please. When flying from say Washington to Fort Worth or past it to another destination, as soon as you reach cruising altitude and ATC hand over to the next controller, controller coms is gone. If not for the copilot acknowledging ATC you are completely cut off until you have landed at your designation airport and completed your flight.

Same happens going towards the East from (I assume from inside Texas as I don't live in the USA and don't know where the different state boundaries are), once on cruising altitude and you get hand over the next controller, the CONTROLLER is gone. If you open the ATC box it shows only the copilot response to the controller. If the ATC text box is open you will see how the box dims when the controller speak but there is no sound or text as to what is said only the copilots response comes as speech and text. As I have tried to switch ATC off and back on, removed copilot as coms operator to manual respond to controller in the ATC text box but nothing works as there is no controller voice or text. Only option is to bring the copilot voice back and complete the flight only on his/her response to the silent controller or abort the flight. It is only in this area where I have this issue, all over the world I fly it works fine.

I don't have any third party stuff installed and community folder is empty. This issue only started after the last update.

Any help or suggestions to rectify will be appreciated.

I get this as well from time to time, flying around Europe and the UK. I can only think it's an Azure server issue of some sort, maybe it'll be fixed in SU10.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply just glad I'm not the only one. I do hope it is something small that they will sort because it is very frustrating.

I read somewhere that this problem may have been due to two controllers talking at once - presume you have both radios on. May also be linked to having AI Assist on RT (the co-pilot handling the radio). Those areas have a lot of traffic thus plenty of RT but I've also heard crossovers from other airports as well which might also have something to do with it.

Think it's on Asobo todo list but might have to wait until the full RT overhaul currently being undertaken by Working Title.

Just happened to me today.

ATC just quit talking to me while I was starting my descent. So I completed the flight by myself. Just followed my waypoints and descended on my own.

Luckily I was at my home airport so I was familiar.

Very annoying though.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home