Plane begins to bank to one side or the other and the plane becomes uncontrollable

Friends,

I have a problem that I need help with. I installed FSX on a fast new computer running Windows 11. It runs like a dream with one exception. When I'm on approach to a runway, even when I keep my speed up, there comes a point where the plane begins to bank to one side or the other and the plane becomes uncontrollable. It doesn't matter which plane I use. I have tried both easy and hard realism settings and that has no effect. I have run FSX on other computers since it came out and I have never experienced this behavior before. I would deeply appreciate any help or insights you might have on this. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks

Maintain thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

More info? What controller are you using? Is it compatible with Win11? Software update requires maybe? Have you recalibrated it in FSX?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Have you tried setting up the exact same speed, descent rate and angle for a pretend runway a thousand or more feet AGL, to see what happens that high? Does this happen under any other circumstances? Where on final approach? That is, is it most anywhere on approach or is it only as you get next to the runway?

If it doesn't happen under any other circumstances, and the planes are perfectly controllable otherwise, it may be you getting tense and over-controlling a little, or perhaps an overly sensitive controller? Do you have separate rudder pedals or are you using auto-coordination? If you have pedals, could your feet be getting tense and applying a little force when you don't intend to, just because of nervousness?

I focus so much on what you are doing simply because if it is behaving properly under all other circumstances and it's with all aircraft, then either you have crazy winds/turbulence or you are reacting to ground proximity or such.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks for your response. I have been flying FSX for a long time and if it was my response to the ground I think it would have emerged by now. I'm looking more and more at the controls. I'm using the Thrustmaster Airbus controls: joystick, throttle and pedals. The set is brand new and has the latest drivers.

Thanks for your response. I'm looking more and more at the controls. I'm using the Thrustmaster TCA Captain's Pack Airbus controls: joystick, throttle and pedals. The set is brand new and has the latest drivers installed.

OK, now is the time to make myself look stupid, but since the two of you were nice enough to try to help I will share with you what the problem turned out to be. I had mapped the ailerons to the X Axis on the throttle quadrant so that whenever I reduced power it applied full left or right aileron, making quite a rodeo on the way to ground. I cleared that and the problem went away.

Thanks again.

Thanks for getting back with the fix. I wondered how that would only happen down low, so you've provided the answer.

Take care...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 8 months later...