I fired up my trusty laptop this morning and it goes into update steam. Then it tells me a Windows update requires a system reboot. After that it tells me that my pin no longer works and I reset it. Then it asks me to continue setting up my Windows preferences and I also get an automatic HP BIOS update is starting. I log onto my browser and even that is being updated.

Dare I now fire up MSFS????

Both the latest update and SU9 went fine for me, no issues.

I will say, it would be better if MicroSoft and Asobo maintained a consistent update interface. Update dumped me into the middle of the store and I suspect some would be frustrated to find the update for MSFS. I realize they think I will see Pink Otter Prom app and purchase like I am at the checkout for my grocery (i don't buy the magazines and candy bars there either). Keep it consistent and simple!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I had developed problems with the landing challenges in that I was getting lost connection messages, being put in offline mode and then being reconnected. This happened in two challenges only, both involving the Cessna 152 and 172, and nowhere else in the sim. It was frustrating as it always occurred around the same place in the approach generally ending in a disastrous landing. My internet connection is good and is reliable. However, following this update, all seems to be going well again and I am no longer getting these messages. Fingers crossed!

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

If you already did the disastrous SU9, you have nothing to fear.

Yes I did survive SU9 relatively unscathed and I did fire up my MSFS and it works fine. I went for a flight from YPAD to YPPF in my FK-9 freeware tail dragger and it worked very well. All is good today. :)

Yes I did survive SU9 relatively unscathed and I did fire up my MSFS and it works fine. I went for a flight from YPAD to YPPF in my FK-9 freeware tail dragger and it worked very well. All is good today. :)

Yay! Glad to hear it! I hope I get a chance to fly this weekend. Been so busy, but hope that will change and I can have one day of fun to do so. Enjoy!

It should be noted that SU9 was followed by yet another update this week (1.25.9.0) which corrected some issues with SU9 (though problems remain for some folks). I was one of those who experienced a major drop in performance at or near ground level in some geographical regions, caused by SU9; after the later update, the problem disappeared (for me) and all is well.

Just had a quick flight around EGNM (Leeds/Bradford) with the Orbx EGNM addon…. and noticed the Multiflight hanger has disappeared! Presumably this is down to the latest update.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Very strange, it's still there on mine?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Very strange, it's still there on mine?

It is strange then! I presume you were prompted by the little update the other night?

Edit: the missing hanger was the large, double one with the big parking area in front.

However.. it’s back! Just relaunched the sim and everything’s as it should be again.

I guess I picked the wrong week to quit drinking :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles