Got myself the HP Reverb and for the most part (thanks to a LOT of help from individuals on this forum), it has been a LOT of fun!

However, if I fly from KJFK to KEWR (New Jersey), everything in VR is blurry, lot of stuttering. Is this to be expected from night time flying over a major city? I am thinking that is the case due to the sheer number of lights the sim has to process (street lamps, etc). Or am I missing something obvious?

I do have the latest drivers, using the Open XR software, watched about a dozen You Tube video's on what people are using for their settings, made adjustments etc.

If I switch to daytime flying over the same area, the difference is night and day (no pun intended, lol)

Suggestions?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hi David, glad you’re enjoying the G2. I can’t say I fly much at night, but have t noticed any blurriness when I have done. Any chance of a screenshot?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi David, glad you’re enjoying the G2. I can’t say I fly much at night, but have t noticed any blurriness when I have done. Any chance of a screenshot?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I will attempt to take one.

I am having to redo my settings, one of my (many it seems) faults, is that I like to tinker with the settings, trying to squeeze out all that I can. Well, this time I think I squeezed too much and so I had to reset my settings on the Open XR software. Once I get that going again (to almost my satisfaction) I will see what things looks like (pun intended)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hi Steve, I finally figured out how to do a screenshot, and as you can see, the image on the screen is great! However, through VR it is fuzzy as ever. 97.jpg

different zoom level on the vr then on the screen?

No, I am not even sure how to zoom in while in VR, lol. I am doing good to just use it (so far).

Here are my Open XR settings

Settings.jpg

Hi David, I was actually hoping for a screenshot taking in VR... but I realise thats a bit tricky :)

I've just made a quick video, showing how mine looks at night. I wonder how it compares to yours.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi David, I was actually hoping for a screenshot taking in VR... but I realise thats a bit tricky :)

I've just made a quick video, showing how mine looks at night. I wonder how it compares to yours.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I was able to post one of me flying in VR at night, over New York City. I also posted a shot of my settings.

Going to watch your video next!

Edit-very nice!!!! It does look a lot like my experiences. Question-what do the stars look like? Mine are not sharp at all, neither is the moon. Flying with the monitors only they are nice and sharp. Or am I expecting too much??

Edited by davidc2

Hi David,

just an idea that could be linked to bluriness of small elements like stars and lamps: have you well set "motion retroprojection" to "disable" in the MS "OpenXR Developer Tools for Windows Mixed Reality" app ?

And BTW, in your settings, your inner ring value (70%) = the outer ring value which means that as soon as 70% you will have a resolution of 1/16 (this is a quite strong reduction quite soon in FOV). Usually inner and outer ring values are there to create a stepped degradation of the resolution.

Regarding configuration of my own Reverb G2, I have been fully relying on the content of this video

and obtained excellent results.

BR

Philippe

The moon & stars look ok to me. If I take a screenshot and zoom in, the moon does look a little blurry. It's nowhere near as clear as it would be if I took an actual photo of the real moon.. but I think it's fine for the sim.

By the way, I presume you'll have watched some of VR Flightsim Guy's videos?there as some excellent ones, like this one..

Regards

Steve

Thx for the video showing the stars and moon, guessing I need to do some more tweaking. The stars are blobs of light.

I have watched Flightsim Guy's videos (and a lot others as well).

I did do a flight over London at night, started out rough at 5 FPS taking off from London City, going to Heathrow, but I am guessing once everything was loaded I was back in the mid 20's for FPS

No problem David.

One thing I do recommend though (unless you’re going to be flying with your monitors regularly) is to drop all your pc (monitor) graphics settings to low / minimum

You’ll find that when you start a VR flight, it’s ready to go much quicker.

Regards

Steve

No problem David.

One thing I do recommend though (unless you’re going to be flying with your monitors regularly) is to drop all your pc (monitor) graphics settings to low / minimum

You’ll find that when you start a VR flight, it’s ready to go much quicker.

Regards

Steve

I've done that already, on the PC side everything is set to low/off.

I do notice some lag whenever I start up VR and have to recenter my view, I press the appropriate keys (CTRL-SHIFT), but the box does not go away. I have to exit out of VR, then go back in.

What do you have rendering scale set to? If it’s at 100, try dropping it a little.

I think mine is currently on 75 or 80 - can’t check as it’s just told me there’s a mandatory update available!

Edit: that was a quick update, whatever it was. Think it was more Xbox than MSFS.

Norton questioned it which was a first!

Anyway, my rendering scale is currently on 75%

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

What do you have rendering scale set to? If it’s at 100, try dropping it a little.

I think mine is currently on 75 or 80 - can’t check as it’s just told me there’s a mandatory update available!

Edit: that was a quick update, whatever it was. Think it was more Xbox than MSFS.

Norton questioned it which was a first!

Anyway, my rendering scale is currently on 75%

Regards

Steve

That indeed a quick update, lol

My rendering scale is at 85%, I can always drop it. Will doing that improve the VR speed?

That indeed a quick update, lol

Will doing that improve the VR speed?

Possibly. Won’t do any harm and you can always put back up again.

Have you tried motion reprojection? You can enable it via OpenXR Dev tool. I’m not a huge fan of it, but it does make VR pretty smooth, although mine is running so smoothly now anyway since latest nvidia drivers.

VR Flight Sim Guy swears by it.

Regards

Steve

Possibly. Won’t do any harm and you can always put back up again.

Have you tried motion reprojection? You can enable it via OpenXR Dev tool. I’m not a huge fan of it, but it does make VR pretty smooth, although mine is running so smoothly now anyway since latest nvidia drivers.

VR Flight Sim Guy swears by it.

Regards

Steve

Turning it down did indeed make a big difference!

Turning it down did indeed make a big difference!

Great :)

Happy flying!

Regards

Steve