Graphic Settings and Temperature

Looking for answers as usual. Had an security update error wouldn't install on my laptop:

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD

and possibly was the cause my MSFS wouldn't load a flight. Anyway, to fix the problem I had to reset the laptop and reinstall MSFS. Now it opens up and runs rather well again but resetting all my graphics like before as suggested on everything I read my frame rate drops dramatically around high scenery areas like from 35 -15 and lower stutters. Now I have the Armoury Crate set in the silent mode and temperature runs 75*-80* and away from the airports and scenery a solid 35 FPS. Now when I get close and the frame rate goes to crap if I change the Armoury Crate to Performance mode bang I get 35 FPS and the graphics are fantastic but unfortunately the CPU temp starts hitting 90*-96*. I have lowered the settings and checked for things running in the background and can't nail anything down. I didn't have this problem before the resetting and thought I had set everything up just as it was. Open to any and all ideas. P.S.. the signature below is for my FSX build. I know there is stuff on this laptop that is interfering like edge and other Microsoft stuff but it worked pretty good before and maybe my internet is screwy but I have spectrum and get 70-100 mbs. I wouldn't care but that high performance mode is almost like over clocking and I don't want to fry my laptop.

OK, I just turned off online functionality and back on no change but then I turned off online weather and back on and it might have fixed it still testing.

Nope, comes and goes really random occurance.

Edited by usb777
possible fix

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler