Harbour Town Golf Links 18th Hole

Here's some background scenery of the 18th hole at Harbour Town Golf Links.

Level of detail of Harbour Town Pier, Yacht Basin or Lighthouse are not very well illustrated in Bing data.

Baynard Cove looks like a swamp or maybe it's low tide.

Render Scale, Terrain, Objects LOD set 200 and other Ultra high settings

VFR flight from and to Hilton Head Island Airport (KHXD) traced by Little NavMap v 2.6.18

So, just thought I would check out the landscape since the RBC Heritage Tournament was going on.

Harbour-Town-Golf-Links.jpg

Harbour-Town-Golf-Links-a.jpg

Hilton-Head-KHXD.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

My thoughts are you that you are correct. A lot of places look less than attractive at low tide. And from your shot that be be exactly the case. Perhaps you could verify your suspicions by changing the time of day for your flight.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Actually I just looked up the tide chart there for today. Low tides are 04:22 and 16:07. High tides are 09:50 and max high 20:35.

I haven't tried it with MSFS but can see differences with some other sims based upon time of day. ;) So I would hope MSFS would as well. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Based on Tide Charts for Harbour Island, I took this flight on a southerly course to Baynard Cove.

Time of day has no effect on tidal change, and no difference in shoreline (FS2020 v1.24.5).

Live Weather turned ON, where it was a calm day and no apparent tidal surges.

I might try Bay of Funday, Canada or Cook Inlet, Alaska on a day when tidal swings and Live Weather are extreme.

Click on image for larger view.

Harbour-Island-Tides-4.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10