utilising second drive

Hi i have my fsx loaded on a SSD 240 which is almost full due to the amount of ORBX scenery installed. I have a 1 terrabyte mechanical harddrive which is hardly used. My question is Is it possible to load scenery files into the terrabyte drive and have FSX find and use these files, or can FSX only utilise files in the same drive it is installed on? Any help with details very muck appreciated David Stokes

FSX scenery can be placed on ANY drive in your system. The scenery library entries will have a full path if the scenery is other than inside the "addon Scenery" folder. I've had sceneries on several drives for years.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Would putting the scenery and loading them on a mechanical HDD not kinda defeat the purpose of an SSD. Slow initial load time?

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Would putting the scenery and loading them on a mechanical HDD not kinda defeat the purpose of an SSD. Slow initial load time?

Yes it will. Especially when both are attached to the same controller, so the SSD gets slowed down as well when the controller waits for the HDD to respond.

Archived