Does This Seem Fair?

I know that Asobo is in Europe. I understand that. But when you look at all the landmarks that Europe has compared to the United States and North America in the Flight Simulator, does it seem fair? I think they have to do some MAJOR updating of the United States again to bring it up to par with the rest of Europe the way they seem to be so focused on that. There's many other landmarks and attractions they can put in the sim. Maybe we should start suggesting it over at flightsimulator.com for the Asobo manufacturers to possibly take heed and do the update.

Its really disappointing, IMHO.

SHvTTJY.png

It could have been developed in N America but Asobo did it and perhaps you just need to send them a full list of what you would like to see, there are some excellent software additions already on the market. Just enjoy what there is, it is developing all the time. Besides, we N Americans need to learn a little about Europe!!

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

It could have been developed in N America but Asobo did it and perhaps you just need to send them a full list of what you would like to see, there are some excellent software additions already on the market. Just enjoy what there is, it is developing all the time. Besides, we N Americans need to learn a little about Europe!!

Don't get me wrong, I love it with how detailed it is now compared to past versions of the sim, but I just want a little fairness, that's all with the way the countries are developed.

I think what with the age of Europe versus the good ol USofA there are more POI's that Europe has and it's as fair as history has made it. I've lived just north of Lisbon PT, Bahrain, Kabul AF, Guam and many parts of the US. I love looking for all of the places I have lived, all the POI's I can remember (CRS sucks) and just in general flying around finding new places to see. I say Asobo has done a great job so far. I understand it's a work in progress but so far as I'm concerned it's well worth the $120 (or so) purchased price for the full dlx version. Sit back and enjoy the flight and learning new things and places...

Happy :pilot: Flyin

AD

For me, it is entirely OK. I don't want my landscape cluttered up with POI flags! I hope Asobo spends more time on other things, than adding POIs I will not use!! For example, I would really use a good small regional turboprop that could serve airports I am more likely to frequent!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In all fairness, can you at least list what's missing? No? Going by eyesight geolocation versus that of massive north America or the U.S.? Well, I can tell you many of those European counties are no bigger than New Jersey or Delaware. So your eyes may be deceiving you.

I'd need to see a list of both parties and their points of interest and compare and contrast those with what's missing to obtain a percentage for both disputed parties.

Also, Asobo is a French company so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to include more points of interest in their neck of the woods than ours. Personally, that doesn't bother me, but I would hope if need be that they bring the game up to date sooner or latter seen as how this is a world-wide used game.

Edited by Nels_Anderson

For me, it is entirely OK. I don't want my landscape cluttered up with POI flags! I hope Asobo spends more time on other things, than adding POIs I will not use!! For example, I would really use a good small regional turboprop that could serve airports I am more likely to frequent!

I fly with my POI flags off. I like to spot interesting items on my own from the air without them being pointed out like a tour guide. :)

Now this is interesting. Before MSFS 2020, I used to be under the impression that all previous FS versions somehow showed aviation history as an American-only business. FS2004 "A century of flight" was about the peak celebration of such an idea.

As stated, it was just an impression. I might be wrong, of course.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I think they have to do some MAJOR updating of the United States again to bring it up to par with the rest of Europe the way they seem to be so focused on that.

Asobo/Xbox Studios have stated that some countries will be updated more than once, so the USA definitely will be updated again sometime in the future.

No doubt the Bing Maps data will need to be updated every few years anyway, and they are now working with the Open Street Map people to get more detailed road networks into the sim, plus there are some countries which haven't given permission for their data to be used in the sim yet.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I understand what your getting at, but I don't think it will ever be really fair. If you want to see what unfair looks like, take a look at Africa. I was born in South Africa and lived there for most of my life, so I still fly there very frequently. Yet there are very few POIs, certainly compared to even North America.

I think the most reasonable way to approach this is to make suggestions to Asobo and from there we just take what we get and let the third parties do the rest (as has always been the case).

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I understand what your getting at, but I don't think it will ever be really fair. If you want to see what unfair looks like, take a look at Africa. I was born in South Africa and lived there for most of my life, so I still fly there very frequently. Yet there are very few POIs, certainly compared to even North America.

I think the most reasonable way to approach this is to make suggestions to Asobo and from there we just take what we get and let the third parties do the rest (as has always been the case).

Not sure if you saw it or not, but Orbx does make Cape Town add on for landmarks and the city.

So I live in Alberta Canada, and I have travelled all of Western Europe, some Western USA, and I've noticed a few things:

In Europe, there's LOTS of history. And the population has been dense for a very long time. There are a great many places that have recorded history, to the point of making North American historians a little jealous maybe! Europe has roads bridges and buildings over 2000 years old... in North America, some of our roads need replacement in less than 20 years. Roman roads, aquaducts, steam baths, amphitheatres and such, just for starters. Recently I told a friend's daughter about how when we were young, my brother and I would play castle... in a REAL castle built of stone, in Germany, and that just blew her mind!

In North America, much of our cities and structures didn't even exist 40 years ago, and most of our history is less than 150 years. That said, all continents have lots of natural formations that are interesting, that's an area that might see some improvements possibly. Things like the Eye of Africa, the giant meteor impact crater in Greenland, or the Denisovian caves in Russia, for example.

I could list maybe a dozen or two interesting locations for Africa, but that seems incredibly limited, when you consider how vast that continent's size is...

I think the key is as others suggested: submit suggestions. Or... even better, maybe start a campaign of sorts to solicit those suggestions from all over, do a bit of research to find interesting places... and once an item has enough data (what it is, the exact coordinates, why importantand should be included) then submit to Asobo.

Always check flightsim.to first for whatever you're missing in the sim - someone will have felt the same as you and done something about it. How would you like 16,000 new points of interest for the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii: https://flightsim.to/file/12368/world-points-of-interest-usa

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

So let us know if that add on has an effect on your framerates... a few users claimed that it hurt their framerates due to the very high number of POI's the mod gives??

Maybe that's the reason Asobo hasn't gone totally wild with POI's, frames on lower spec units...?

So let us know if that add on has an effect on your framerates... a few users claimed that it hurt their framerates due to the very high number of POI's the mod gives??

Maybe that's the reason Asobo hasn't gone totally wild with POI's, frames on lower spec units...?

Thanks for that tip. I will let you all know. :) (Of course, computer specs can play a difference, but I'll report back)

Since September 7, 2021, there are 97 POIs for the U.S. And 616 for all of Europe.

Break down:

Austria: 11

Belgium: 14

Bosnia and Herzegovina: 1

Denmark: 21

England: 87

Finland: 14

France: 104

Germany: 182

Greece: 2

Hungary: 1

Iceland: 3

Ireland: 3

Italy: 10

Luxembourg: 7

Netherlands: 14

Norway: 47 (Very impressive)!

Poland: 3

Romania: 1

Scotland: 30

Sweden: 26

Switzerland: 32

Wales: 5

Source: https://xboxera.com/2021/08/07/list-of-points-of-interest-in-microsoft-flight-simulator/

https://web.archive.org/web/2021*/https://xboxera.com/2021/08/07/list-of-points-of-interest-in-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Africa: 16

Americas excluding the U.S.: 17

(For the sake of simplicity, I'll round up Asia to be more South East Asia which I consider to be to be China, Myanmar, Malaysia, Japan, Nepal, Tibet, etc. Leaving out Sri Lanka and India for Oceania instead).

South East Asia: 110

(The rest of Asia which I'll call the Middle East comprising of Iran, Jordan, Iraq, Israel, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, etc).

Middle East: 21

(For Oceania I've included Sri Lanka and India).

Oceania: 10 (Poor Oz only has 2 POIs and New Zealand has just 1.

Sidenote: Interesting the U.S. doesn't include my monument from back in 1999 after prom night... Gesh.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot