What is it that I don't understand?

Just installed Update VIII - everything works fine. I checked Content Manager and completed all updates. Content Manager now says Space Used is 105.48 GB. Going to my Steam installation C://Users/Administrator/AppData/ - - - - /Microsoft Flight Simulator/ the MSFS folder is 202 GB - this is for Premium DeLuxe with a few addons.

What is the difference of nearly 100 GB? Is that all technical program stuff, or do I have a lot of extra junk in the program?

I know for sure that add-ons in the Community folder are not included in the Space Used statement in Content Manager. Not sure if that covers the whole difference, though.
Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

If you use Add-on Linker and store all your add-ons outside of the MSFS folder (preferably on on a different drive), your add-ons will occupy zero space in MSFS. (For those who don't know, Add-on Linker places only links, not actual files, in Community). Also, it may be useful to know that the mandatory updates to MSFS typically add very little in terms of disc space (a few GB), since most of the update files replace old ones. Edited by cobalt

The base sim also has a base set of scenery data for the entire world to use when the online scenery has been disabled or isn't available.

But be aware that the off-line scenery is vastly inferior to the normal (online) scenery. It is like going back 10 years or more -- maybe better than nothing, but not very enjoyable.

But be aware that the off-line scenery is vastly inferior to the normal (online) scenery. It is like going back 10 years or more -- maybe better than nothing, but not very enjoyable.

No it isn't as good as the streamed scenery, however, it is still better than the default that came with FSX, especially for areas outside of the US. It also takes up more space than the default FSX scenery did.

No it isn't as good as the streamed scenery, however, it is still better than the default that came with FSX, especially for areas outside of the US. It also takes up more space than the default FSX scenery did.

Our experiences with the offline scenery are different. I will admit that mine has been very limited, because the internet is rarely down for a protracted period so I have had little need for it. But the offline scenery I have seen, once I am outside the cached area, is pretty primitive -- I would say definitely inferior to FSX. For me, offline is a last resort, but to each his (or her) own.