MSFS Aircraft installation

I purchased the H145 and P38L from their respective developers. I installed and like both platforms very much. Recently, both developers have provided updates to these aircraft that require me to de install the old and re install the new. I de installed but have not been able to reinstall. I follow the instructions to the letter without success and the developers are radio silent. I am stumped.

Any aircraft I have purchased from the marketplace installs easily in the official file.

Has anyone ever taken an unzipped aircraft file and dropped it into the official file vs the community file to attempt installation? I dont want to mush things up but it seems like it could work.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I don’t know about the P38L but with the H145 (excellent helicopter!) you simply copy the unzipped file into the community folder. Windows will ask if you want to replace the existing ones.. you say yes.. and that’s it.

You start up MSFS and the H145 has been updated. I did mine the other day without any issues, as usual. I discovered that the military one now has rockets and a cannon! Great fun :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles