Geolock unable to process

airbus310

Hi Bro

I have facing problem of my geolock process. after i do the static aircraft .mdl maker to generate bgl and go to geolock to unlock but unable to process, due to "length cannot be less than zero. parameter name: length" this message. Please help me i need to know.:(

geolock.JPG

It may be a path issue. Windows 10 and probably 11 allows for around ~260 characters.

It may be the dependency for the program to work, i.e., .Net.

If you shorten the path name and it still doesn't work, uninstall the .Net dependency and reinstall. You'll have to find out what .Net version this program uses so that you can uninstall and reinstall that version.

I utterly hate developers using .Net. It opens an eventual path to failure, you're depending on them, and opened up a possible malware/hack vector. Which means now the dependency needs a dependency known as an update. And updates sometimes need updates.

Rule Of Updates: The probability of failure is expedited with persistent updates times the rate at which they occur.

Rule Of Dependencies: The probability of failure is expedited times their usage and their updates.

tyjty6j.jpg

The big remaining question is if anyone has actually managed to get this program to work because I certainly havn't, with or without long paths to the (scenery) BGL(s) concerned. It could be that I've been doing something wrong during the past two years or so but in the meantime it's become my opinion that this program just simply doesn't work.

I'm using Win7 64 bit.

Regards

Hans

Hey Guys,

Some scenery (or scenery object) developers protect their created library type scenery objects from being pirated by "geo-locking" them within certain geographical areas, outside of which these objects cannot be positioned, e.g. via the (payware) Abacus EZ Object placement program.

As far as I know the SAMM program can furthermore only be used to create static aircraft, preferably based on existing AI aircraft and I have used it successfully many times for this purpose. The in this way created statics can then be positioned as un-geolocked scenery objects anywhere in the world, e.g. via the above mentioned Abacus EZ program.

However, in the meantime I've understood that the SAMM program can also be used for positioning such self created static aircraft but I've never used that function.

The question I have now is what the relation is between the SAMM and the Geolock programs in this thread but the possibility does exist that the static aircraft concerned has been made by a scenery developer and in order to protect it from piracy, has in fact geo-locked it, as in my first paragraph above.

However, if one tries to use the Geolock program for un-locking (or to pirate) a gro-locked static scenery aircraft, failure is guaranteed because it just doesn't work.

Regards

Hans

Typically a file becomes geo locked when placement information and the object itself is co-localized to the same file. This restricts display of the object to the area of the placement information in that file. I assume that Don found a way to both create and avoid this situation using some trick, although I do not now what that is.

Obviously the GeoLock program has been used to unlock geo locked files, so it is certainly possible to do. It may be possible that the SAMM program creates an object unable to be read properly by GeoLock however.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Tom,

You are absolutely correct in saying that when both placement and model data are combined within a single BGL file it automatically means that the related scenery objects are in fact "Geo-Locked", something which the geolock program seems not to be able to undo. However, what this geolock program then CAN or should be able to do, remains unclear, at least for me.

The only way to un-geolock such BGL files is to firstly disassemble such files into XML files, to then manually separate the placemant and the model data and finally to re-compile each separately, thereby creating un-geolocked library scenery files.

I've in fact already successfully done this a number of times and can now place these objects anywhere ..... but .... only for my own use.

Hans

Tom,

When thinking further about this thread I must now assume that when the SAMM program is used, not only to create a static aircraft but at the same time to position it somewhere, that the end result will be a combination BGL file as you describe and which cannot be un-geolocked via the "geolock" program. This problem now seems to be what the initial poster in this thread was trying to make clear.

Hans