Indicated airspeed and altitude

Today I am in a Fokker VII actually doing the lovely Brian Powell created London-Australia flight by Sir Ross Smith in 1921. I am reading the original book 14,00 Miles through the air, at the same time so getting a good feel for the history.

But I am noticing once again that some aircraft (this one included) do not compensate indicated airspeed for altitude and so you still get sea level airspeed indications at 10,000'. I can live with it but having been used to the drop in indicated in my own planes it would seem to need some attention from the talented designers who put together these lovely planes for our enjoyment.

I forget which one was the other one I noticed it in the other day but the majority do compensate.

I wonder how many pilots run across this issue also??

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

Staggerwing Beech also indicates way too high at altitude, lovely model though.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.