How Do You Set AP Speed in Cessna Longitude?

I give up. I've fiddled every way I can think of. The AP panel has a speed function, but rotating the knob has no effect, nor does pushing the middle of it. Is it not possible to set a constant speed? It must be, or else the knob would have no use. Right?

Thanks all.

Press keyboard Shift+R to toggle autothrottle on/off, there's no button or switch for it on the panel.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Press keyboard Shift+R to toggle autothrottle on/off, there's no button or switch for it on the panel.

Thanks. That worked -- although I could never change the set speed. I'll fiddle some more.

BTW, why wouldn't there be a button on the panel? I don't think then pilots IRL have the option you recommended.

Thanks. That worked -- although I could never change the set speed. I'll fiddle some more.

BTW, why wouldn't there be a button on the panel? I don't think then pilots IRL have the option you recommended.

I think IAS mode is only available during the climb phase IRL and the AP activates/deactivates IAS mode automatically.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I think IAS mode is only available during the climb phase IRL and the AP activates/deactivates IAS mode automatically.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is a bug. There is a “Speed” dial which you would think would set the speed for a FLC climb/descent, but it doesn’t do anything. FLC does work, but you have to use the “Nose Up/DN” buttons to move the speed. Weird.

The autothrottle buttons are on the end of each throttle lever handle, but they're inop.

The speed selector knob on the AP panel has to be switched to Manual mode by clicking the outer ring. It's set to FMS mode by default, you'd have to set your airspeed for each waypoint of the flight plan in the FMS itself for this to work but I've never tried that.

To clarify: Tim is right. The speed dial does work, Cavulife, but you have to set the outer dial to Manual.

(The first time I fiddled, it was too dark to see the 2 little outer dial markers.) Then you can turn the inner dial to a selected speed and the plane will throttle up or down as needed. (As long as you have hit SHIFT+R to engage, that is.)

The autothrottle buttons are on the end of each throttle lever handle, but they're inop.

The speed selector knob on the AP panel has to be switched to Manual mode by clicking the outer ring. It's set to FMS mode by default, you'd have to set your airspeed for each waypoint of the flight plan in the FMS itself for this to work but I've never tried that.

Thanks Tim. I see how that works now for both cruise and FLC modes.