Apologies and my crow dinner...

I bought a brand new gaming rig (specs in my sig) and decided, why not try this out through Microsoft Gamepass for a $1. I went in not expecting much except pretty scenery, and after coming into this forum a few times and talking sh*t, I must now apologize...

Game is a helluva upgrade from my previous FSX! It's only the standard edition but I have a taste and I know my rig can easily handle it. I've never flown an Airbus in any prior sim so the fact there's a checklist and I could also give control to the AI Pilot and sit back and watch the view, is something I never thought I needed until now.

No, I haven't tried a full flight with ILS just yet, as I'm still getting accustomed to the controls. This is definitely different than FSX for sure.

And for those asking why I didn't just get XP11 or P3D, I'm not much into the realism and difficulty of flying a real aircraft. I like (always have) jumping in and going, rather than going thru pages and pages of manuals just to start an engine (cough PMDG cough lol).

Simply put, I thought my FSX with Megascenery was "on par" with this, scenery wise; they're not even on the same golf course!

I only wish MSFS included at least the 737-800 though. I'll miss my addons I had in X, like the QW 757, GSX, etc., but "out of the box" MSFS is pretty great on its own.

That's all I wanted to say for now. Again, I talked crap based only on other user's opinions/complaints, not my own. And for that I am sorry.

Now, pass the ketchup for my crow!

Peace out.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

AHHH! Finally took the red pill did'ja? :) Now just need for mrzippy to get his new machine and do the same.

Get the Premium Deluxe though, kinda like taking two red pills! :pilot:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Welcome aboard Jeff! Glad you tried it and are enjoying it :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Welcome to the wonderful world of MSFS 2020! You have a lot of courage admitting this. I still wonder why a few individuals think they have valid opinions on something they have not even tried (I have tried sushi and can give a valid opinion of "I don't care for it"). Granted, they read other peoples opinions (they usually only read the negative opinions) and base their own negative opinions around that and cannot understand why, what I consider the vast majority of people, enjoy it. Most people who do enjoy it don't post anything while the few who have a problem (real or perceived) are very vocal, whether it actually is a problem with the software, their hardware or internet connection. I have not had any of the problems others claim to have. I have had only one CTD and that was in January 2021. I guess I'm the lucky one. My hardware works great for it and I have a very strong and fast internet connection. So good luck to you and keep enjoying it as the vast majority do and if you have any problems or questions, there are many knowledgeable people here to help (which I THINK a forum is for, to help).

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

kingnorris,

Welcome on board the MSFS flight. I hope you get the enjoyment that I and many other get.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Any man that can stand and say I got it wrong oops. is cool in my book...... welcome to 2020

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I still wonder why a few individuals think they have valid opinions on something they have not even tried (I have tried sushi and can give a valid opinion of "I don't care for it").

I think it has little to do with MSFS per se. My guess is that those who do this -- which is as illogical as writing movie reviews without ever seeing the films, or book reviews without reading the books, relying solely on quotes from others (selectively negative of course) -- have deeper problems. But I am not a psychiatrist and will defer to the experts on this.

Any man that can stand and say I got it wrong oops. is cool in my book...... welcome to 2020

Not the first time either. I stayed away from FSX and was happy as a lark with FS9.

When I finally upgraded my old pc (I don’t buy new pcs every couple years lol) I got FSX finally.

Here though, I was more harsh with my unfounded criticisms. Guess I just need a beer. Lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hmmmmm, and I remember you giving me a hard time over it the last time. I love seeing people eat the egg on their face.

Yes you’re right. I spoke on a subject I had no business speaking on. My apologies sir.

Egg doesn’t go with crow by the way. Lol

I think it has little to do with MSFS per se. My guess is that those who do this -- which is as illogical as writing movie reviews without ever seeing the films, or book reviews without reading the books, relying solely on quotes from others (selectively negative of course) -- have deeper problems. But I am not a psychiatrist and will defer to the experts on this.

Nope. Psychiatrist you are not. lol

In the past, I would've said it's another user who has stated he is not into realism and likes the pretty graphics. I would've said that this is what MSFS is, a game with pretty graphics and not a flight simulator. I would've also said he hasn't had it long enough to experience all the bugs and graphical problems.

However!!! This thread and it's incredibly wise users have taught me to see things differently.

I've always been a Star Wars fan. Silly me might've bypassed movies that may be even greater than Star Wars based solely on trailers and reviews without ever watching the full movie. I now feel so silly about this.

A sincere thank you to you all. I have learned my lesson.

I am going to sit down and start by watching "Zaat."

I formed an opinion on it just like MSFS without ever watching the full movie.

It could potentially be the best way to ever spend 1 hour 40 minutes of my life and may leave Star Wars in it's dust!

What great advice you guys provide. I must go. Gotta watch Zaat and I'm so excited about all the things in life I now realize I may have missed! Thank you all once again!

Mark Daniels

Mark, instead of posting an old movie trailer (even if it did make me laugh) what don’t you just try MSFS for yourself? Assuming you have a pc powerful enough to run it of course.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Great, may I ask if the '3060TI's greater 'Memory interface width' 256bit was a factor for you to choose it? thnxs...

No idea what that means. I’m computer literate to a point…

Also that “Zaat” post would’ve been something I said just a few weeks ago.

Edited by kingnorris

Mark, instead of posting an old movie trailer (even if it did make me laugh) what don’t you just try MSFS for yourself? Assuming you have a pc powerful enough to run it of course.

Regards

Steve

Steve, seriously, I don't need too just like I don't need to watch the movie.

There is more than ample information on MSFS to understand why I will have no interest in it.

Sitting down for 30 seconds to watch the movie would be a waste of 30 seconds of my life so it would be with MSFS. I can see everything I need to see and need to know from the information already out there. Trying MSFS would change nothing.

Someone will now ask the ridiculous question of why am I here then? I am here because I follow flight sims good and bad. I follow flight sims I play and do not play.

Unlike the other silly examples people have stated, it's no different to having an interest in cars. You don't just read information on the car you own or think is best.

Mark Daniels

anyone else? Does MSFS need 'greater Memory size in GB' or greater 'Memory Interface speed/width'

in bits'? B550M - 5 5600X- 2x16G - GTX1050ti looking for upgrade

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

anyone else? Does MSFS need 'greater Memory size in GB' or greater 'Memory Interface speed/width'

in bits'? B550M - 5 5600X- 2x16G - GTX1050ti looking for upgrade

Go with the faster speed.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Wow Russell, you seemed to have hit a nerve with somebody. Edited by kevinfolsom

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Always going to be a pipe dream for this simmer ...

(i) NZ South Island rural wireless Internet is advertised as delivering "on average" 29Mbps;

(ii) the reality is usually just 10Mbps (enough to get Netflix) most of the time.

These speeds are well below ideal to run MSFS (50Mbps).

Oh, and yes ... we're also capped (300Gb a month). We chew through 280Gb of data a month just doing the usual day-to-day internet stuff ... so d/ling MSFS and updates/upgrades is just not going to be possible without blowing our monthly usage cap.

One very unhappy camper ...

Dorian