New activities! A few questions

Those landing challenges are great...I just updated my MSFS2020 after a basement flood so back in the game now and enjoying all the new stuff! :)

I see that in the Cessna 172 I can set up autopilot now and all the frequencies for an ILS approach which is great.

1. I notice I could lower flaps and stuff with my hand controllers in VR...so is that new?

2. Is the saitek throttle quadrant compatible yet?

3. When doing the discovery flights can you possibly view it from the cockpit and not from outside the plane? If they did this it would be an awesome...but still cool for discovering new places.

I think using the hand controllers is new. I personally prefer not to use them though.

Saitek throttle units have always worked. I was using one while I was an Alpha tester and I still use one now (although the Bravo throttles are my main ones)

I’ve only ever tried the discovery flights briefly..but I’m pretty sure it was the usual cockpit view.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

On points 2 and 3:

2) Yes, I use one everytime I fly. They work well.

3) It's definitely possible to view the cockpit. In fact the view functionality works normally, other than starting outside.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

On points 2 and 3:

2) Yes, I use one everytime I fly. They work well.

3) It's definitely possible to view the cockpit. In fact the view functionality works normally, other than starting outside.

Awesome...what's the default switch view toggle?

I think using the hand controllers is new. I personally prefer not to use them though.

Saitek throttle units have always worked. I was using one while I was an Alpha tester and I still use one now (although the Bravo throttles are my main ones)

I’ve only ever tried the discovery flights briefly..but I’m pretty sure it was the usual cockpit view.

Regards

Steve

Sry not the proflight throttle...the TPM box.

https://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/tpm.html

Awesome...what's the default switch view toggle?

Well, one way is to go to the shortcut bar at the top, select camera and choose cockpit view from the window that pops up.

Regarding the switch view toggle, I assume you mean a key to cycle through the three primary view modes (cockpit, external - i.e. spot plane, and showcase). In that case, I'm not sure that there is a switch for that. But you can assign a toggle to each of the individual view modes, which will toggle between the current view and the desired view. I don't remember what the defaults are, because I changed them on my system 18 months ago.

I assume you want to toggle to the external view. Go to the controls settings and search for "Toggle external" or something like that. If nothing comes up, make sure that the bindings filter shows "All" keys, not just the "Assigned" keys.

Ha, and there you thought this would be simple...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Well, one way is to go to the shortcut bar at the top, select camera and choose cockpit view from the window that pops up.

Regarding the switch view toggle, I assume you mean a key to cycle through the three primary view modes (cockpit, external - i.e. spot plane, and showcase). In that case, I'm not sure that there is a switch for that. But you can assign a toggle to each of the individual view modes, which will toggle between the current view and the desired view. I don't remember what the defaults are, because I changed them on my system 18 months ago.

I assume you want to toggle to the external view. Go to the controls settings and search for "Toggle external" or something like that. If nothing comes up, make sure that the bindings filter shows "All" keys, not just the "Assigned" keys.

Ha, and there you thought this would be simple...

It turned out to be really simple...just hit the end button on the keyboard. :)