Attempt to Purchase from Marketplace

Have you got a payment method setup with Microsoft? If you bought the sim via the MS Store or you’ve bought from the Marketplace previously, then it should already be setup.

Try going to account.Microsoft.com (as the popup suggests) and check payment/address details etc

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Purchased via MS Store. No previous purchases from Marketplace. Have updated/confirmed payment details but still no option to enter an address other than USA.

As an aside, when I start to enter my credit card numbers I would expect that my profile if linked would automatically complete the remaining data.

Thanks for your response.

I personally never enter card details in the sim / marketplace. They are already stored on the Microsoft site. All I have to enter is a pin.

Did the website have your card details stored? Maybe there’s a box you have to tick.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I’m not sure what to suggest at the moment, other than logging out and back in. I know there are plenty of posts regarding this on the official forums.

Regards

Steve

Me too. I find that if I go in with another account that I made up that is "family" to the main account, the buy download/buy button is green and you can press them but it comes up with not attached to the main xbox account. Having said that, I have noticed that since I ticked the add to favourites box I have had my account attacked from Germany, Indonesia, 4 places in America and of course Russia so it may be that you and others have had that account switched off for Marketplace yet can download from the app store. Just a thought as I have been trying to get around this problem since last Wednesday.

If you run the sim as administrator the Marketplace will be greyed out.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Microsoft responded today (3rd Feb.) with a fix.Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator). See following:

Feb 3, 2022, 10:31 GMT+1

Hi CR

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

A transaction was stuck in a pending state, which is why the "Buy & Download" button was grayed out. We have manually terminated the transaction and the "Buy and Download" button should be restored now.

In the future, if you click on purchase and nothing happens for a few minutes we recommend signing out, waiting 60 seconds or more then restarting the sim. This should force the transaction to fail or succeed, and the Buy and Download button should become available again. If it wasn't the case, you can always contact us.

ON PC

Click on your gamertag in the top right corner of the screen

Click Sign out

Close the sim and wait a few moments

Launch the sim again and Sign in

ON XBOX

Click on your gamertag in the top right corner of the screen

Click Sign out

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and select Quit.

Restart the game.

That’s pretty good service!

Glad they’ve sorted it for you :)

Regards

Steve